Ropeway to Tenjin-daira
Climb up to Tenjin-pass
Set camp on Tenjin-pass
Just below summit
View from summit
2 Days Mt Tanigawa (谷川岳) climbing and snow camp challenge
Mt. Tanigawa is a rocky peak sitting complacently on the border of Gunma and Niigata Prefectures. Notorious for its nasty weather and head deep snow, the mountain affords wonderful panoramic views and an abundance of plant life. Standing at 1,977m, it is also one of the 100 famous mountains in Japan.
About the program:
- Technical winter climbing program for intermediate level climbers.
- Required the basic snow skills such as crampon, axes, rope use.
- Also required average fitness level as the hikers.
About the mountain:
- Climbing to the famous mountain, Mt.Tanigawa (1977m) in winter.
- Not quite high mountain, but good field to learn the winter climbing technique.
- Stay in tent on night on the route, learn the basic skills of camp in the snowy mountain.
- April is the best climbing season with the stable snow conditions.
- Days: 2 days from/to the trailhead.
- Climbing type: Snowy mountain summit attack, snow camp.
- Tour type: Group climbing program. min 4 persons – max 8 persons.
- Stay: Camp with tent. (sleeping bag, mat required as the personal equipment)
- Skill & Physical Level: Intermediate (*Required Crampon & Ice axes use skills, basic snow trek skills, 4-5hrs climbing or more)
- Guide language: English/Japanese
- Tour date: 15-16 April 2017 (Start/End at the trail head)
- Tour price: S$ 618/person + ropeway fee
- Reservation: Tour confirmed. Available.
Day-1: 15 Apr 2017
12:00 Meet with the guide at Tanigawa Ropeway terminal (approach from JR Doai station, walk 10 to 15 minutes up the hill to the ropeway) –> Ropeway ride to Tenjin-daira –> 40min hike to Tenjin-pass campsite (overnight at tent)
Day-2: 16 Apr 2017
Climbing Tenjin-pass (2hrs30min) —> Mt.Tanigawa-dake summit (1hr30min) —> Tenjin-pass (20min) —> Tenjin-daira (Ropeway) Tanigawa Ropeway terminal (arriving 14:00 approx) ***Tour ends***
- Tent, camp stove, fuels, cooker, camp ration are common equipment. The guides will prepare it.
- Each climbers may be asked to carry some common equipment up/down campsite.
2 Days Mt.Tanigawa climbing and snow camp challenge
Tour Code: JPN-MTCSCC_2
Price Per Person in SGD: $ 618
Cost for 2 nights in a lodge bed without breakfast near Doai Station on 14 Apr & 16 Apr: Add $ 200 (Twin share)/ $ 220 (Single) per person
- 1 Night Accommodation in tent
- English/ Japanese speaking guide
- Meals in the mountain (1 dinner + 1 breakfast)
- Common equipment: guide equipment, camp ration, fuels, cooking tools
- Briefing before departure
- All airfare + taxes
- All Rail Pass
- Ropeway (1230 yen one way, 2060 yen round trip)
- Other transport not mentioned
- All other meals not mentioned
- All entrance fees + optional tour
- Travel insurance
- Personal gears such as sleeping bag, mat, eating utensils, Crampon, Ice axe, harness, gaitor
It takes 2-2.5 hours from Tokyo by Shinkansen to Doai Station.
08:24 Tokyo Station – ECHIGO-YUZAWA By SHINKANSEN MAX TOKI 307 (80 mins)
09:44 Arrive ECHIGO-YUZAWA and change train for DOAI
09:53 ECHIGO-YUZAWA – DOAI by JR Joetsu Line for Minakami (25 mins)
10:18 Arrive DOAI
17:58 DOAI – ECHIGO-YUZAWA By JR Joetsu Line for NAGAOKA (24 mins)
18:22 Arrive ECHIGO-YUZAWA and change train for Tokyo
18:28 ECHIGO-YUZAWA – Tokyo by SHINKANSEN MAX TOKI 340 (84 mins)
19:52 ArriveTokyo Station