04 Days Mt Kinabalu Climb
Grade Moderate to difficult
Season Whole year is open for climbing but raining season usually falls on Oct – Feb
Please call/ email us to customize your trip
4 Days Mount Kinabalu Climb
Tour Code: AMH-KKT_04
Mount Kinabalu, 4,095.2m is the highest mountain in Malaysia. It is also the highest mountain in the whole of Borneo, and the region between the Himalayas and the snow mountains of New Guinea.
The return trek takes 2 days from Park Headquarters. All types of trekkers from young children to people over 70 years old have climbed up to Low’s Peak. No particular skills or experience is required: the route is suitable for the average, reasonably fit person.
JOIN IN DATE 2022: (Dates are tentative. Subject to availability)
Normal Climb: 5-8 May, 7-10 May, 14-17 May, 19-22 May, 21-24 May, 30 May – 2 Jun, 18-21 June, 7-10 July, 6-9 Aug, 3-6 Sep, 22-25 Oct, 19-22 Nov, 3-6 Dec 2022
Day 1 Transfer KKIA/ KK Hotel to Kinabalu Park (about 2hrs drive). O/N Park
Day 2 Trek to Laban Rata via Timpohon Trail (about 4-6 hrs trek). O/N Laban Rata
Day 3 Summit trek and descend. Then transfer to Kota Kinabalu. O/N Hotel
Day 4 Transfer to airport
Day 01: Kota Kinabalu Airport – Kinabalu Nature Park (Dinner)
Upon arrival at KKIA, our Sabah caretaker will meet you and transfer to Kinabalu Park. The journey will take approximately 2 hours and drive through some scenic countryside and breathtaking view of Mountain Range. Stop at Nabalu, a typical roadside market along the way for local handicraft and fruits. Continue heading to Kinabalu Nature Park (1500m), at the foot of Mt Kinabalu. Enjoy the cool temperature and serene surroundings within the World Heritage site. Check in & rest before dinner.
Overnight Dormitory/ Room or Lodge in Kinabalu Park or Hostel in Poring Hotspring or Mile36 Lodge twin/triple room depending on choice
- Dinner at ends at 8.30pm. No replacement of dinner if miss dinner till to arrival at airport late.
- Recommended arrival at KKIA is before 5pm
Day 02: KINABALU PARK / LABAN RATA (Buffet Breakfast, packed lunch, dinner)
After enjoy your morning breakfast and collect your packed lunch, proceed for gather 7.30am at Sabah Parks Registration Office for registration, meet mountain guide and porter (if any) and transfer to Timpohon Gate (1866m) for the trek to Laban Rata.The trail ascends through vegetation change from Oak and Chestnut to mossy forest and eventually to alpine vegetation. The trek will take about 4-6 hours to Laban Rata Resthouse (3272m). Enjoy your dinner at Laban Rata Restaurant and sunset before lights out at 8pm.
Overnight Laban Rata Resthouse/ Hut Dorm
Day 03 : SUMMIT – KOTA KINABALU (Early supper, breakfast, Lunch)
At 1.30am, have an early supper and pack up for hike to Low’s Peak for sunrise with Mt guide at around 2.30am. The final ascent to the summit begins very early and takes about 2-3 hours to be on the top for sunrise. When you arrive the summit at Low’s peak (4,095.2m), a great sense of achievements will fill you. After enjoying the sunrise, return to Laban Rata for a well-earned breakfast before continuing on down to park headquarters for your lunch at Kinabalu Park. After lunch, transfer to Kota Kinabalu and check in to hotel.
Overnight Kota Kinabalu hotel (3-star)
- Lunch at Kinabalu Park ends at 2.30pm. No lunch will be provided if you miss the lunch timing.
- No lunch provided for Package C
Day 04: DEPARTURE (Breakfast)
After breakfast, free at leisure before transfer to airport for your flight departure home.
LAND Price Per Person In SGD
Price subject to changes without prior notice.
4D Timpohon Trail (CODE: AMH-KKT_04)
|Package/ Pax||1||2||3||4-5||6 & Above||SGL*|
*SGL = Single supplement
- Package A : Single room in Kota Kinabalu Gaya Centre Hotel
- Package B : Single room in Kota Kinabalu Gaya Centre Hotel
- Package C : Single room in Mile36 Lodge & Kota Kinabalu Gaya Centre Hotel
ACCOMMODATION 4D Timpohon Trail (CODE: AMH-KKT_04)
|A||DAY 1||Kinabalu Nature Park||Sutera Sanctuary Lodges||ROH (Lodge)|
|B||DAY 1||Poring Hot Spring||Serenidit Hostel||Dorm|
|C||DAY 1||Kundasang||Mile36 Lodge||Twin-Triple Room|
|A & B||DAY 2||Laban Rata||Sutera Sanctuary Lodges||Non-heated dormitory|
|C||DAY 2||Laban Rata||PanaLaban Hut||Non-heated dormitory|
|A,B & C||DAY 3||Kota Kinabalu||Gaya Centre Hotel||Standard/ Superior Room|
Deposit per person: S$ 500
LAND cost includes:
- 3 nights Accommodation as stated
- Meals: 3 breakfast, 1 packed lunch, 1 lunch (Package A & B), 2 dinner, 1 early supper
- All transfer in Sabah as per itinerary with English speaking Sabah Caretaker
- Climbing fees. This includes entrance fees, climbing insurance, climbing permit, Mt Kinabalu Guide(1 guide : max 5 adult climbers & 1 guide : 2 children climbers of age 16 years and below), Mt Kinabalu certificate for successful climbers only
- Briefing prior departure
- 15% discount at X-Boundaries
Cost excludes: All airfare and taxes, Insurance with medical evacuation (mandatory), Evacuation cost, Personal gears & expenses, Visa if applicable, Tips to guide, All Meals not stated, Other tours not stated in itinerary, Porter’s fees (RM65 per-way for max 10kg), Luggage storage fees (RM 10 per piece), Mountain guide overtime charges (RM 15 per group per hour after 4pm; RM30 per group per hour for arrivals after 5pm onwards), Additional Guide(s) fees if required.
|Description||Cost Per Person in SGD|
|Student < 16 years old||Less 40|
|Package A Upgrade Kinabalu Nature Park (Day 1)|
|Nepenthes Villa/ Garden Lodge/ Summit Lodge (4 persons)||Add 160|
|Kinabalu Lodge (6 persons)||Add 180|
|Package A & B Upgrade Laban Rata (Day 2)|
|Private Room (2 persons)||Add 120|
|Private Room (6 persons)||Add 140|
|Package B Upgrade Poring Hot Spring (Day 1)|
|Kelicap Twin Room (2 persons)||Add 15|
|Jungle Lodge (2 persons)||Add 50|
|River Lodge (4 persons)||Add 40|
|Palm Villa (6 persons)||Add 50|
|Package C Upgrade Mile36 Lodge (Day 1)|
|Mountain Valley Resort||Add 40 (standard)/ 70 (Superior)|
|Upgrade Kota Kinabalu Hotel : 4-star such as Promenade Hotel||Add 40 (twin) / 80 (sgl)|
|Add 1 Day Padas River Raft with 1 night in Gaya Centre Hotel||Add 150 (twin) / 200 (sgl)|
|Add 1 Day Twin Island Snorkel with 1 night in Gaya Centre Hotel||Add 140 (twin) / 190 (sgl)|
- $500 Deposit Per Person: $300 per person is non-refundable and non-transferable, in whole or in part;
- Deposits CANNOT be brought forward and/or used for future bookings;
- Balance full payment MUST be received at least forty-five (45) days prior to arrival, failing which the Company reserves the right to release all slots for the said confirmed reservation without any or prior notice;
- Ensure you are fully vaccinated
- Take a professionally-administered Antigen Rapid Test (ART) in Singapore within two days before your departure at MOH-APPROVED COVID-19 TEST PROVIDERS
- Verify your COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Register for your MySejahtera and download the app onto your mobile phone
- Buy Travel Insurance: Recommended AIG Travel Guard
- When returning to Singapore, you maybe required to take either a PCR test or a professionally-administered ART within two days of departure. Please refer to latest regulations.
- Submit your SG Arrival Card within three (3) days prior to the date of arrival in Singapore.
More From Sabah
Vincent was really helpful and thanks for his responsiveness.
It is not about safety, rather when exhausted , the mussels becomes weak and hence it is necessary to have a walking stick. When the body becomes weak, safety becomes a concerns.
Best Moments: Reaching the peak.. as it requires a lot of mental perseverance and endurance
No comments on the climb since the time we were about to climb Mt Kinabalu, Sabah Malaysia was hit by earthquake and no one is allowed to climb until further notice.
Best moment of the trip: Padas White Water Rafting – We experience on this activity our firsts. First time to ride an old diesel train and First time to do rafting.
Moment least enjoyed: Island Hoping – Although the island is good, it was a bit crowded and need a long que to do some water sport. Also, the weather changes in an instant which stops all the activity.
Amazing experience. Best moment: reaching the summit.
Everything went smoothly. Great job! A couple of our team members could not make it to the summit. On the whole, the experience was memorable.
Excellent service! Needs reasonable fitness to summit. As the path are man-made it is generally safe. However can be slippery if raining.
I was pleasantly surprise by the food arrangement at Mt Kinabalu compared to my previous trip. I underestimated the importance of being fit and strong. The whole trip was enjoyable. But I was most impressed by the improvement at Laban Rata.