Mt Nanhu Trek (Taiwan)
In the winter, snow often covers the mountain, making the snow trek difficult and thus making it must for those seeking snow trekking in the mountain. The mountain ridges and valleys of the mountain make it a major regional place for trekkers.
Being the leader of the northern section of the Central Mountain Range, Mt Nanhu is also known as the “Mountain of the Kings, King of the South Lake”.
At an altitude of 3742 meters, it is the third highest peak in the Central Mountain Range. With majestic mountain shape, it is surrounded by Peaks and the Nanhu Valley is beautiful. Mt Nanhu is also considered the most magnificent natural landscape of Taiwan’s high mountains.
The Nanhu Dashan has many glacial relics, which are comparable to the snow mountain valley, and have abundant plateau plants, which is better than the main peak of Yushan. Bringing together the beauty of the mountains, each climber is enchanted by the dreams of the mountain beauty. Therefore Nanhu is known as the climber’s dream where trekker must go in his life time. You must come and see for yourselves ……
Day 1: Arrival Taipei. Overnight Hotel
Day 2: Taipei – Trailhead – Yunlin Cottage (2900m, abt 6hrs trek)
Day 3: Yunlin Cottage – Nanhu North Peak – Nanhu Cottage (3400m, abt 9hrs trek)
Day 4: Nanhu Cottage – Nanhu Main Summit Sunrise (3742m) – Nanhu East Peak – Nanhu Cottage – Yunlin Cottage (total abt 10hrs trek)
Day 5: Yunlin Cottage – Trailhead – Jiaoxi Hotspring – Taipei Overnight Hotel
Day 6: Departure
Day 1: Arrive Banqiao New Taipei City. Overnight Hotel (Own Transfer)
Day 2: 1900 Banqiao Train Station → 2230 Nanshan Village. Overnight Homestay
Day 3: 0700 Nanshan Village →0800 ShengGuang Trail Head →1200 Song Feng Lin (Own Lunch) →1300 DuojiaDun Shan→1600 Yunlin Cottage
Day 4: 0600 Yunlin Cottage→ 0930 Saimazhen Shan→1000 Saimazhen Grassland →1100 Nanhu North Peak (Own Lunch) →1200 WuYanFeng Broken Ridge →1500 Nanhu Cottage
Day 5: 0400 Nanhu Cottage→0630 Nanhu Mt Peak→0900 Nanhu East Peak→1000 Nanhu Cottage (Own Lunch)→1200 WuYanFeng Broken Ridge→1300 Saimazhen Grassland →1600 Yunlin Cottage
Day 6: 0600 Yunlin Cottage→0800 DuojiaDun Shan→0900 Song Feng Lin (Own Lunch) →1300 ShengGuang Trail Head →1800 Banqiao Train Station. Overnight Hotel
Day 7: Departure (Self arrange to airport)
LAND Price per person in SGD
|Tour Code||Cost per person|
4 pax & above
7 pax & above
Date: 19-25 May 2020
|Single supplement||+ $ 120|
Price is subjected to changes without prior notice
Airfare By Scoot from S$ 400 with taxes
LAND Price includes
- Experience local mountain guide (1 guide : 7 trekkers)
- Return transfer Taipei City/ Banqiao to Trailhead
- Meals in the mountain as mentioned
- Porterage for communal gears and food (sleeping bag no need to be carried by own)
- Mountain hut accommodation with sleeping mattress
- 1 Night in Nanhu Village Homestay for 7 days package
- Complimentary adventure consultation
- Local Nanshan Insurance
- 2 nights at CityInn Hotel Taipei Station Branch I (twin-share) for 6 Days package or Banqiao Morwing Hotel or similar (twin share) for 7 Days package
- Entrance & Permit Application
- All airfare + taxes
- Airport transfer
- Other transport not mentioned
- All other meals not mentioned
- All other entrance fees not mentioned
- Travel insurance (Compulsory)
- Rental of ice crampons (NT 350), ice axe (NT300)
- Private porterage (about S$850 per porter) with max weight of 30kg
The overall adventure: 4
The driving journey: 5
How well do you think we have managed to run the trip? 3
1. Trek was completed in good time and under perfect weather conditions. Sufficiently challenging with terrain variety too.
2. Drive was efficient, comfortable and with no delay.
3. Porter was good natured, timely and a supportive, good cook. Organisation of tour was commendable too.
Rate the trek: 5
Rate the safety aspect of the trip/trek: 4
If not safe, any comments or issue you like to highlight?
Participants need to be fully equipped for meaningful elevation change within one day and well trained. Not for the occassiobal hiker wearing sports trainers and jeans. Fear of heights an absolutely no. Good judgement of stability when scrambling on rocks essential. Support of another would be good given how remote the environment is, not for lone hikers.
Which is the best moment of the trip? Why?
Reaching the summit and completing the hike in 3 days instead of 4. We pushed ourselves and it was a great sense of achievement.
Please use 1 word to describe your experience. EndurancePseudonym