This journey will cross the eastern Tibetan Plateau, taking us from west & northwest Yunnan to West Sichuan, through old Tibetan monastic towns. The mountain route is a challenging one, crossing several passes with the altitude exceeding 3,300 m (10,000 ft). However, the overland journey will allow us to go deep into the pockets of Tibetan life and culture; meeting the locals and visiting monasteries in remote areas. Along the route, stop to talk with lamas and learn about the intricacies of Tibetan Buddhism; Horse ride or trek in Yading Nature Reserve and walk in some of the most remote areas of China.
Day 1 Arrive Lijiang O/N Hotel
Day 2 Lijiang – Shangrila O/N Tibetan Homestay
- Visit Songzhanlin Monastery
Day 3 Shangri-la-Chamtreng (6-7hrs) O/N Hotel
- Cross the two passes of Xiao Xue Shang and Daxue Shan.
- Visit the Sampheling Monastery
Day 4 Chatreng-Daocheng – Yading (6-7hrs) O/N Tibetan Homestay
- Sumdo Karmapa monasteries
Day 5 Yading O/N Tibetan Homestay
- Morning hike (2-3hrs) to Lobsang Nutown Pasture.
- View of the Risum Gonpo (Three Brother Protectors – namely Chambeyang, Chenrezig, and Chanag Dorje) – The three peaks : Gagkarling range.
- Chongu Monastery
Day 6 Yading to Chatreng O/N Hotel
- Visit BenBosi monastery
Day 7 Chatreng to Shangrila O/N Hotel
Day 8 Depart Shangrila
Contact us for cost