10 Days Bumthang Culture Trek
ADVENTURE RETREAT – SEVEN NIGHTS WITH TWO NIGHT CAMPING TREK
The lovely Bumthang valley is the religious heartland of the nation and home to some of its oldest Buddhist temples and monasteries. This three day trek passes through several villages on its meandering route through Bumthang countryside, and provides an exceptional opportunity for contact with Bhutanese rural life.
This is an active itinerary and because of this, and the heights reached, this trip has been graded as a moderate trekking adventure. As an indicator you should be able to walk up to 24 kilometres in mountainous terrain within seven to nine hours.
The Bumthang Cultural Trek explores the highlights of the Bumthang valley, the religious heartland of Bhutan, and home to some of its oldest Buddhist temples and monasteries. This gentle three-day trek passes through several villages on its route through Bumthang’s countryside of meadows, blue pine forests and mountains of scrub bamboo. It is perfect for the average trekker who wants to enjoy breathtaking mountainous views, visit remote sacred sites and meet with locals. It is especially recommended for lovers of nature. This trek also features a cultural tour through the beautiful western valleys of Paro, Thimphu and Punakha.
Season: This trek is recommended from April to May and then again from September to November. Please note that this trek is not recommended for December-March due to the cold weather.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BUMTHANG CULTURAL TREK
The Bumthang Cutural Trek explores the highlights of the Bumthang valley, the religious heartland of Bhutan, and home to some of its oldest Buddhist temples and monasteries. This gentle three-day trek is perfect for the average trekker, and is especially recommended for lovers of nature. This trek also features a cultural tour through the beautiful western valleys of Paro, Thimphu and Punakha.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush meadows and valleys to dense forests.
- Explore Bhutan’s central valleys, rich with ancient historical and sacred Buddhist sites.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Experience Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Drive over high mountain passes affording sensational views of the Himalayan peaks.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
- Date: 30 Apr – 09 May 20
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU – TRONGSA
DAY 03: TRONGSA – BUMTHANG
DAY 04: BUMTHANG – NGANG LHAKHANG (TREK 4hrs) O/N TENT
DAY 05: NANG L’HANG – UGYENCHOLING (TREK 8hrs) O/N TENT
DAY 06: UGYENCHOLING – BUMTHANG (TREK 4 hrs) O/N TENT
DAY 07: BUMTHANG – PUNAKHA
DAY 08: PUNAKHA – PARO
DAY 09: PARO TIGER NEST
DAY 10: DEPART PARO
Cost per person in SGD: $ 4060
Based on min 3 persons
- Economy Airfare into Bhutan from Singapore including taxes.
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking trekking guide/tour leader.
- Cook and camp hand who will take care of camp chores and provide wholesome meals.
- Services of horsemen who will look after the yaks & ponies that transport luggage and camp gear.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard goverment approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.
Please Note The itinerary is intended as a guide only. Local conditions and weather may necessitate variations to the program and can affect the availability of views and panoramas described. Be aware that all times stated are approximate, and may vary with individual and group fitness.If you have any special dietary requests, please let us know in advance.
Throughout your stay you have the option to participate in a range of extra Outdoor Activities at an additional charge.Travel Insurance
It is strongly recommended that you be insured against medical and personal accident risks (including repatriation costs, air ambulance and helicopter rescue services) and that you also take out cancellation insurance and Travel Agency Insolvency.
You should be aware that some policies restrict coverage or do not cover travel to Bhutan and may not cover activities such as trekking (and mountain bike). Please ensure that your policy provides a sufficient level of protection and covers you for the activities involved. You must carry proof of insurance (e.g. your insurance certificate) with you to Bhutan.Travel to Bhutan
X-Trekkers handles the whole booking process on your behalf, including Druk Air / Bhutan Airlines flights. However, the price of flights may or may not be included in the package and it is therefore advisable to book well in advance to secure seats. We also handle visa application processing (included in the package). It normally takes 2 to 3 weeks to process the visa but under some circumstances, we can accelerate the process.