10 Days Samtengang Trek
The Samtengang Trek is one of the easier lower altitude treks in Bhutan. It explores some of the beautiful forests, many remote historical and religious sites and isolated villages in and above the Punakha & Wangdi Valley. Weather permitting, it also offers stunning views of mountainous peaks including Jumolhari (7315m), Kang Bum Peak located above Gaza (6300m) and Tiger Mountain (Gangcheta 6840m) north of Laya. Some of the climbs may be steep and challenging. This trek is especially recommended in winter as there is the possibility of leeches on the trail during the remainder of the year.
Date: 6-15 Feb 20
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SAMTENGANG TREK
The Samtengang Trek is a moderate 4-day hike exploring some of the beautiful forests, many remote historical and religious sites and isolated villages in and above the Punakha & Wangdue Valley. This tour also visits some of the many highlights of the Paro and Thimphu Valleys.
- Enjoy incredible views of mountain peaks including Jumolhari.
- Pass through pine, fern, oak and rhododendron forests and plantation fields.
- Explore seldom visited, remote communities and sacred buddhist sites.
- Experience Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Drive over high mountain passes affording sensational views of the Himalayan peaks.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO, PARO – THIMPHU
DAY 02: THIMPHU
DAY 03: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA
DAY 04: PUNAKHA – LIMBUKHA (9km, 4 hours. 940m ascent)
DAY 05: LIMBUKHA – CHUNGSAKHA (10km, 4 hours. 375m ascent, 745m decent)
DAY 06: CHUNGSAKHA – SAMTENGANG (4km, 2.5-3 hours. 550m ascent, 350m decent)
DAY 07: SAMTENGANG – BRIDGE AT TIKA ZAM/CHHUZOMSA (1.5-2km, 3 hours. 495m decent)
DAY 08: WANGDUE – PARO
DAY 09: PARO
DAY 10: DEPART PARO
Cost per person in SGD: $ 4060
Based on min 3 persons
- Economy Airfare into Bhutan from Singapore including taxes.
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking trekking guide/tour leader.
- Cook and camp hand who will take care of camp chores and provide wholesome meals.
- Services of horsemen who will look after the yaks & ponies that transport luggage and camp gear.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard goverment approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.
Please Note The itinerary is intended as a guide only. Local conditions and weather may necessitate variations to the program and can affect the availability of views and panoramas described. Be aware that all times stated are approximate, and may vary with individual and group fitness.If you have any special dietary requests, please let us know in advance.
Throughout your stay you have the option to participate in a range of extra Outdoor Activities at an additional charge.Travel Insurance
It is strongly recommended that you be insured against medical and personal accident risks (including repatriation costs, air ambulance and helicopter rescue services) and that you also take out cancellation insurance and Travel Agency Insolvency.
You should be aware that some policies restrict coverage or do not cover travel to Bhutan and may not cover activities such as trekking (and mountain bike). Please ensure that your policy provides a sufficient level of protection and covers you for the activities involved. You must carry proof of insurance (e.g. your insurance certificate) with you to Bhutan.Travel to Bhutan
X-Trekkers handles the whole booking process on your behalf, including Druk Air / Bhutan Airlines flights. However, the price of flights may or may not be included in the package and it is therefore advisable to book well in advance to secure seats. We also handle visa application processing (included in the package). It normally takes 2 to 3 weeks to process the visa but under some circumstances, we can accelerate the process.