Trek the famous 1883 “big bang” volcano of Krakatau, located between Java and Sumatra Islands in the Sunda Strait. Prior to the 1883 eruption Krakatau Island had three volcanic cones: Rakata, Danan and Perboewatan. When Krakatau Island blew up in 1883 it was entirely destroyed but the area remained full of volcanic activity. In 1930 a new island rose up out of the water where once Krakatau was and it was named Anak (child of) Krakatau. Anak Krakatau is still active and grows almost 7 metres per year. A short trekking through a dusty path will lead us to the volcanic peak of Anak Krakatau at an altitude of more than 800m. From here you can enjoy the panoramic view on the Sunda Strait with nearby islands.
Itinerary (Subject tto changes)
Day 1: Jakarta – Carita
Pick up service at your hotel or airport in Jakarta then drive to Carita beach, Banten. Arrival at Carita we will have our lunch then trekking to Curug Gendang waterfall. After that back to Carita and check in villa Mangris. Dinner at local restaurant.
Day 2: Carita – Krakatau – Jakarta
Breakfast at homestay. Then transfer to pier and by speed boat crossing Sunda strait to Karakatau. Trekking to Anak Krakatau volcano. Lunch box will be provided. Afterwards, snorkeling around Krakatau beach. Back to Carita beach and drive to Jakarta. Drop off your hotel or airport. . (those who will take flight back should book flight after 9 pm due to heavy traffic on weekend)
Land Price per person in SGD
|Pax||2-3 pax||4-6 pax||7-9 pax||10-14 pax||15 pax & above|
Price is subject to changes
- Transfer service from Jakarta to Carita beach v.v by air conditioned car.
- Chartered speed boat to Krakatau
- English speaking trekking guide
- 1 night stay at villa Mangris or similar base on twin or triple sharing.
- Meals: 1x breakfast, 2x lunch,1x dinner
- Mineral water 1 bottle of 600 ml per day per person during trekking.
- Standar first aid including folding strecher, navigation gear/GPS and radio communication.
- Permit and entrance fee.
- Parking and toll highway fees.
Excluding: Air ticket, airport tax, insurance, personal expenses and services not mentioned above.