Mt Semeru (3676m)
Mt Semeru, Mt Bromo & Tumpak Sewu Waterfalls
Duration : 5 Days / 4 Nights
Grade : Challenging
Date: 31 July – 04 Aug 2020
Located in the heart of earth’s ring of fire belt and towering tall at 3,676 masl, Mt. Semeru is the highest peak in Java, and the third tallest volcano in Indonesia. With its tough climb that tests the limit of one’s mettle, not only physically, but also mentally, it rewards those who manages to conquer it with heavenly vistas: the serene lake of Ranu Kumbolo, the paradisiacal lavender-filled meadow of Oro Oro Ombo, and the majestic view of Java in the summit of Mahameru, makes it the dream of almost all local mountaineers aspire to ascend.
Mt. Bromo, at 2,329 masl, is the most iconic natural landscape in Indonesia. Even with its top completely blown off, it still beckons majestically with the crater inside constantly belches white sulphurous smoke. It may be not the tallest mountain in Indonesia but its stunning beauty lies in its unearthly dramatic setting, which swoons many travelers with its incredible golden sunrise.
– Not recommended for people who has certain health issues, such as heart attack, ephilepsi, high-blood pressure, vertigo, and other complications.
– Training before trip recommended.
5-Days Mt Semeru – Mt Bromo trek with Tumpak Sewu Waterfalls and Batu
Tour Code: AINDO-MBSTB_05
Itinerary subject to changes
Day 1 : Surabaya – Tumpang (-/-/D)
Upon arrival at Juanda International airport Surabaya, you will be picked up by our guide and transfer to Tumpang. Check in at homestay for dinner and overnight. Briefing about trekking by our guide after dinner.
Day 2 : – Ranu Pani – Kalimati (B/L/D)
Morning after breakfast, check out transfer to Ranu Pani gate. Start trekking through tropical rainforest and passing natural lake of Ranu Kumbolo and Oro – Oro Ombo savanna (4-5 hours). Lunch will be served at Ranu Kumbolo. Continue further through vast savannah for 3-4 hours to reach Kalimati campsite. Dinner and overnight in tent.
Day 3 : Kalimati – Mahameru – Ranu Kumbolo – Ranu Pane – Tumpang – Cemoro Lawang (B/L/D)
Wake up at 12.30 am and start trekking at 1 am to Arcopodo. Then continue on gravel and sandy path to the highest point in Java – Mahameru summit. It will take about 5 hours and you may encounter the sun rises above the clouds from Mahameru peak. After sunrise descend to Kalimati for breakfast and proceed to Ranu Kumbolo for lunch at lake side. We will continue descend to gate and drive to Tumpang to collect your luggage before continue drive to Cemoro Lawang. Check in at Homestay for dinner and overnight. Briefing about trekking by our guide after dinner.
Day 4 : Mt Bromo – Tumpak Sewu – Batu/ Malang (B/L/-)
Early morning jeep transfer to Mt Pananjakan to see sunrise over Mt Bromo, Batok and Semeru. Then hike up Mt Bromo’s crater. After breakfast at homestay, check out and drive to Tumpak Sewu Waterfalls. Free time to explore the waterfalls until lunch time. Then transfer to Batu or Malang for overnight. Along the drive, you can stop to enjoy photo taking in Gunung Banyak – with lots of interesting objects such as statues made from roots, etc for your selfies. From here you can also see the beauty of Batu Malang.
After check in hotel, free at leisure. In the evening you can go Cafe hunting in Malang or visit Alun-Alun kota Batu where you can taste the local culinary of local people & enjoy the night there. Enjoy own dinner at local restaurant. If you still have the energy, you can visit Batu Night Spectacular (or known as BNS Carniva). One of the tourist attractions that integrates various friendly nightlife venues. Visitors can enjoy a variety of stunning rides such as lantern garden. trampoline, or 4D cinema. There is also a Dancing Fountain that is unique and soaring as if dancing, this fountain moves alternately with a laser so that it presents an amazing show!
Overnight Hotel 3-4* Twin-Triple Share
Day 5 : Batu/Malang – Surabaya Airport (B/-/-)
Morning is free at leisure before transfer to Surabaya Airport.
Option (At own cost):
* Cuban Rondo Waterfall: one of the waterfall in the mountainous area at an altitude of 1,135m. The height of Coban Rondo Waterfall reaches 84m. The air is very cool and natural scenery that is still natural is the main attraction for every tourist who comes.
* Labyrinth Garden: One of its attractions is the green landscape that forms a high cliff that resembles a green wall that looks so exotic. This park is indeed not spacious, but if you have entered and been trapped in the labyrinth the confused sensation will be felt.
LAND Price per person in SGD
Tour Code: AINDO-MBSTB_05
Date: 31 July – 04 Aug 2020
|Flight||Silkair/ Singapore Airline||Scoot/ Jetstar|
|Cost||$ 1048||$ 928|
Price is subjected to changes without prior notice
Price is based on min 15 pax. For size less than 15pax, the trip can still proceed at a different price.
Price may change according to airfare fluctation.
SilkAir/ Singapore Airline: 31 JULY SIN SUB 0750 0905 04 AUG SUB SIN 1840 2155
Budget Airlines: 31 JULY SIN SUB 0815 0935 Scoot 04 AUG SUB SIN 1320 1640 Jetstar
LAND Price includes
- Private group
- Airfare + taxes (Singapore – Surabaya – Singapore): Choice of Singapore Airlines/ SilkAir Economy Lite or Scoot/ Jetstar without check in luggage and meals onboard.
- Transfers by air conditioned vehicle as per itinerary
- Jeep transfers from Tumpang to Ranu Pani gate v.v
- English speaking guide (Day 1 – Day 4) and mountain guide
- Porter for camping equipment and logistic
- Accommodation as per above itinerary or similar.
- Meals as stated
- Camping equipment (tent, mats, sleeping bag, lighting)
- Cooking equipment, Dining equipment.
- Climbing permit
- Entrance fee
- Parking and toll highway fees
- A Singapore Leader
- Briefing prior departure
- 15% for gears from X-Boundaries
- All other airfares, Airport taxes and fuel surcharge not mentioned
- Expenses of personal nature
- Visa fees if applicable
- Tips to porters, guides
- Personal Climbing gears
- Travel Insurance covers medical evacuation back to Singapore (Compulsory)
- Other tours not mentioned
The overall adventure: 5
The driving journey: 5
How well do you think we have managed to run the trip?: 5
How would you grade our crews? : 5
Rate the trek: 2
Rate the safety aspect of the trip/trek: 1
Which is the best moment of the trip? Why? The sunrise on both volcanoes.
Which is the moment you least enjoyed? The car travel.
Please use 1 word to describe your experience Amazing