Mt Semeru (3676m)
Duration : 4 Days / 3 Nights
Grade : Challenging
Located in the heart of earth’s ring of fire belt and towering tall at 3,676 masl, Mt. Semeru is the highest peak in Java, and the third tallest volcano in Indonesia. With its tough climb that tests the limit of one’s mettle, not only physically, but also mentally, it rewards those who manages to conquer it with heavenly vistas: the serene lake of Ranu Kumbolo, the paradisiacal lavender-filled meadow of Oro Oro Ombo, and the majestic view of Java in the summit of Mahameru, makes it the dream of almost all local mountaineers aspire to ascend.
– Not recommended for people who has certain health issues, such as heart attack, ephilepsi, high-blood pressure, vertigo, and other complications.
– Training before trip recommended.
Day 1 : Surabya Airport – Malang City – Tumpang village. Overnight Guesthouse (LD)
Day 2 : Tumpang – Ranu Pani Village – Ranu Kumbolo – Kalimati (7-9 hrs trek). Overnight tent (BLD)
Day 3 : Kalimati – Summit (Mahameru) – Kalimati – Ranu Kumbolo (7-9 hrs trek). Overnight tent. (BLD)
Day 4 : Ranu Kumbolo – Ranu Pane – Surabaya Airport (BL)
4-Days Mt Semeru trek
Tour Code: AINDO-MST_04
Itinerary subject to changes
Day 1 : Surabaya/Malang – Tumpang (-/L/D)
Upon arrival at Juanda International airport Surabaya, you will be picked up by our guide and transfer to Tumpang village. Stop on the way for lunch. You can do some shopping at Malang City. Check in at Rani homestay for dinner and overnight. Briefing about trekking by our guide after dinner.
Day 2 : Tumpang – Ranu Pani – Kalimati (B/L/D)
Early morning jeep transfer to Ranu Pani gate. You can leave extra luggage in guesthouse. Start trekking through tropical rainforest and passing natural lake of Ranu Kumbolo and Oro – Oro Ombo savanna (4-5 hours). Lunch will be served at Ranu Kumbolo. Continue further through vast savannah for 3-4 hours to reach Kalimati campsite. Dinner and overnight in tent.
Day 3 : Kalimati – Mahameru – Ranu Kumbolo (B/L/D)
Wake up at 12.30 am and start trekking at 1 am to Arcopodo. Then continue on gravel and sandy path to the highest point in Java – Mahameru summit. It will take about 5 hours and you may encounter the sun rises above the clouds from Mahameru peak. After sunrise descend to Kalimati for breakfast and proceed to Ranu Kumbolo. We will set up our tent at lake side. Dinner at campsite.
Day 4 : Ranu Kumbolo – Ranu Pane – Surabaya (B/L/-)
Breakfast at campsite. Then descend to the gate and drive to Tumpang for lunch. Then transfer to Surabaya airport. (Trip can be extended to Bromo volcano 2 days 1 night with additional cost).
LAND Price per person in SGD
Tour Code: AINDO-MST_04
|Cost||$ 958||$ 728||$ 538||$ 468||$ 408||$ 388|
Price is subjected to changes without prior notice
Airfare: From $380 by SilkAir (Singapore – Surabaya – Singapore)
LAND Price includes
- Private group
- Airport transfers to Tumpang village v.v by air conditioned car
- Jeep transfers from Tumpang to Ranu Pani gate v.v
- English speaking guide and mountain guide
- Porter for camping equipment and logistic
- Accommodation as per above itinerary or similar.
- Meals: 3x breakfast, 4x lunch,3x dinner
- Camping equipment (tent, mats, sleeping bag, lighting)
- Cooking equipment, Dining equipment.
- Climbing permit
- Entrance fee
- Parking and toll highway fees
- Briefing prior departure
- 15% for gears from X-Boundaries
- All airfares, Airport taxes and fuel surcharge
- Expenses of personal nature
- Visa fees if applicable
- Tips to porters, guides
- Personal Climbing gears
- Travel Insurance covers medical evacuation back to Singapore (Compulsory)
- Other tours not mentioned