Jiaming Lake Trek
Jiaming Lake – Angel’s Teardrop (天使的眼淚 嘉明湖)
Taiwan’s second highest alpine lake, after the Snow Mountain Cui Lake, Jiaming Lake is a pearl on the second section of the Central Mountain Range. It is located at a distance of 7km from the north to the south of the transverse highway and is near the boundary of Yushan National Park with an elevation of 3,310 meters. It is an oval mountain lake, about 120 m long, 80m wide and 35m deep. The lakeside was scattered with glassy stones left after the high-temperature explosion. After ruling out the possibility of local volcanic activity in the near future, it was confirmed that Jiaming Lake is a rare young meteorite lake on the earth. The lake is quite clear, and there are no large creatures such as fish in the lake.
San Cha Mountain (三叉山)
At an altitude of 3496m, this is the second mountain in the second southern section of the Central Mountain Range, ranking 28th in the 100 mountains of Taiwan. The mountain is tall and the top is wide. Although there are highs and lows, the slope is gentle, so it ranks third among the ten. On the open and wide mountain slopes, there are lush and continuous prairie, which is its biggest feature.
Xiangyang Mountain (向陽山)
At an elevation of 3602m, it is located at the junction of Taoyuan Township in Kaohsiung County and Haiduan Township in Taitung County. This is a high mountain in the “South Second Section” of the Central Mountain Range, and it is the second highest mountain in Taiwan. When the weather is fine, the sun shines on the wall of Xiangyang, as if it is maple red, so it is also known as “Hongyeshan”. There is a third-class triangle point No.7529 on the top of Xiangyang Mountain, which is ranked 17th in 100 mountains of Taiwan.
– We place great importance to the alpine environment and invisible mountain forests.
– It is strictly forbidden to throw garbage in the fragile environment of the high mountains including dumping food waste.
– Please take care of the beautiful mountain forest, put your own garbage in garbage bags and take them down.
– The mountain cottages provide sleeping mat and sleeping bag.
– In case of camping, will need to prepare sleeping mat and sleeping bag!
Day 1 : Taipei –> Chishang By Train. Overnight Hotel
Day 2 : 1200 ChiShang Train Station –-> Xiangyang Trail Head –> Xiangyang Shan Cottage (2850m, 4.28km, 2-3hrs) (D)
Day 3 : 0400 Xiangyang Shan Cottage –-> Jiaming Lake Cottage (3350m; 3-4hrs) –> Jiaming Lake (3310m; 3-4 hrs) –> Jiaming Lake Cottage (3350m) (BD)
Day 4 : 0400 Jiaming Lake Cottage –> Xiangyang Shan (3603m; 2hrs) Sunrise –> Xiangyang Shan Cottage (3-4 hrs) –> Xiangyang Trail Head –> 1400 Chishang –> Taipei by Train. Overnight Hotel (B).
Day 5 : Depart Taipei
LAND Price per person in SGD
Min 7 pax
|14-18 Mar, 11-15 Apr, 2-6 May||688|
Price is subjected to changes without prior notice
Airfare: By Scoot from S$ 400 with taxes
Please contact us to customise your trip with English speaking guide!
LAND Price includes
- Experience local mountain guide (1 guide : 7 trekkers)
- Return transfer Taipei – Chishang by train
- Entrance fees
- Meals in the mountain as per itinerary
- Porterage for communal gears and food (No need to carry sleeping bag!)
- Mountain hut accommodation for 2 nights (if not available, we will be camping and cost will less $10)
- Complimentary adventure consultation
- Local Nanshan Insurance
- 1 nights twin share budget Hotel in Chishang Original Hostel and 1 night in Taipei CityInn Hotel Taipei Station Branch I or similar
- All airfare + taxes
- Airport transfer
- Other transport not mentioned
- All other meals not mentioned
- All other entrance fees not mentioned
- Travel insurance