05 Days Chopta Chandrashila Summit Trek
Chopta Chandrashila Summit Trek
For first-timers this trip is a great way to discover the joys of trekking in the Himalayas. Start with an overnight camp along the beautiful Devariyatal lake, trek through lush green forests to Chopta, then climb a pilgrim trail to the famous Tungnath temple. Then if you feel up to it, go for the nearby Chandrashila peak which is the highest point in the area, and enjoy some spectacular 360 degree views with the stunning Kedarnath range to the north. After a short but steep walk across an escarpment which lies behind Sari, we arrive at the beautiful lake of Devariayatal, surrounded by forests, with clear views of the mighty Chaukhamba in the background. The next day we trek across the intervening ridges clothed in thick forests of Oak and Rhododendron, to Chopta (3000m) where we camp in a lovely open meadow. The climb from Chopta to Tungnath goes along a concrete pilgrim pathway with thickets of rhododendron on all sides and clear views of the Kedarnath range all the way. After exploring the famous Shiv Temple of Tungnath, one has the option of climbing to the nearby summit of Chandrashila before returning to Chopta.
Day 01: Overnight train to Haridwar
Day 02: Drive Haridwar to Sari and trek to Devariyatal
Day 03: Trek Devariyatal to Chopta (3000m)
Day 04: Trek Chopta to Tungnath (3470m) and then onto Chandrashila Top (3700m) and back
Day 05: Drive Chopta to Haridwar. Board evening train to Delhi
Catch the overnight NDLS DDN AC Express (11:55pm) from New Delhi to Haridwar where we arrive early in the morning (4:00am).
Board our vehicles waiting at the Haridwar station and drive straight to the village of Sari high up the Mandakini valley, followed by a steep 2 hour climb to Devariyatal Lake (2440 m). Overnight Camp.
We start early walking through a dense green forest and crossing a couple of ridges. After having a packed lunch at a forest clearing, we descend to cross a stream where we enjoy a drink from its crystal waters. We then climb up a steep path to reach Chopta (3000 m), located in an idyllic setting with beautiful alpine meadows and surrounded by dense forests. Overnight Camp.
Start early in the morning and climb up the cemented pilgrim path up to the Shiva temple of Tungnath (3470 m), with blossoming rhododendron bushes all around and the mighty Kedar range in full view throughout. Another climb of 45 mins leads us to the summit of Chandrashila peak (3700 m) above Tungnath and later back to Chopta. Overnight Chopta.
LAND Price per person in SGD: $ 738
Tour Code: IND-CCS-05
Price is subjected to changes without prior notice
Airfare SIN-Delhi-SIN: From S$ 450 including taxes
A deposit of S$ 400 per person is required upon confirmation and the balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to the departure date. Non-payment by required date may result in the cancellation of your booking and subjected to cancellation charges.
LAND Price includes
- All travel from NDLS till we reach Old Delhi Railway Station at the end of the trip.
- 2AC on trains and non-AC SUV cars.
- All accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents.
- All meals from breakfast on Day 2 till dinner on Day 4.
- Professional guide fee, camping fee, sanctuary fee.
- Tents, mattress and all group camping gear.
- All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- local tax (Service tax & Clean India Cess)
- Briefing prior departure
- 15% discount for gears at X-Boundaries
- All airfare & taxes
- Personal gears such as sleeping bag
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, beverages, cigarettes, camera fee
- Travel Insurance
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Visa and Visa application fees
First and foremost we would like to say a big thank you for assisting us in preparing for this trip. I must admit I did not know what to expect as this is my first real trekking trip.
We could not have asked for a better guide and crew. Tashi and his crew worked really hard and made any worries we had prior to the trip disappear. They were very professional and meticulous in everything they did from the moment we arrived at Haridwar.
- attentive to all our needs
- ensured our safety and comfort came first throughout the trip
- very knowledgable and explained every detail about the trek and local culture in perfect English
- amazing photographer
The Chef and Mohan
- every single meal prepared was delicious and authentic
- the hygiene standard was exceptional
- meals were always served on time
- the choice of dishes prepared was very fresh, healthy and wholesome
- despite having to drive the Long hours thru the challenging and narrow winding roads along the mountain side we felt we were in safe hands and slept through most of the ride
- probably has the most stressful job but he displayed exceptional driving skills
We would highly recommend this team to anyone especially city slickers like myself. Their patience and understanding have made this trip very memorable. They have displayed 5 star professionalism and we would have no reservations in requesting for their service again Kindly convey this message to Tashi and his team.