Japan Alps Winter Climbing ~ Mt.Oku-Hodaka-dake
Karasawa Mountain Hut @ Mt.Oku-Hodaka-dake climbing
Shiradashi Col @ Mt.Oku-Hodaka-dake climbing
Keep climbing Keep climbing @ Mt.Oku-Hodaka-dake climbing
View from summit Mt.Oku-Hodaka-dake
Mt_Okuho-dake summit post
The Japan Alps cover many over 3000m rocky peaks which provide good challenge for your mountain experience. Some are partly technical and can be dangerous, so certain mountain experience and skill are required. Our professional guides will you keep safe, so do not hesitate to challenge to this wonderful massif. Also, there are many spa around the mountains, so you can enjoy it after climbing!
Climbing season: June – October
Winter Climbing Training
The climbing condition is extremely tough and hard during the winter season, with heavy snow and strong wind. It will be a good step up training for Europe Alps climbing and Himalaya 7000m – 8000m peaks challenge. There are various grade of climbing route and you can choose the suitable mountain for your skill and physical level. You can also choose the very-basic program such as “snow shoe hike”, or “basic of crampons and ice axe use”. Our very experienced guides escort you to the real expedition world.
The mountains in Japan are ideal field to learn the climbing technique, rock, snow, ice, etc. and we provide the suitable climbing session programs for you to learn the specific mountain skills you need.
Mt.Oku-Hodaka-dake climbing 3 days (North Japan Alps range) – Date: 17-22 May 2019
- Mt. Oku-hotaka (奥穂高岳) ~ Altitude 3190m
- Climbing type: Snowy mountain summit attack, rope/axes use.
- Tour type: Group climbing program. min 3 persons – max 10 persons.
- Skill & Physical Level: Upper-Intermediate (*Required Crampon & Ice axes use skills, basic rock climbing skills, basic snow trek skills, 8hrs climbing or more)
Day-1: Arrive Matsumoto Station and proceed to hotel by foot. Check in hotel and rest of day free to explore Matsumoto on foot or rent the bicycle from the visitor centre for free. Overnight hotel in Matsumoto
Day-2: Early morning, make you way to Kamikochi by train & bus or bus from Matsumoto (at own cost. Fare about 2450yen 1-way). Japan Rail Pass is not valid for these train and bus. (See schedule)
08:30 Meet our guide at Kamikochi bus terminal, and hike up to Karasawa Mountain Hut for overnight (7hrs)
Day-3: Hike down (5hrs) Kamikhochi (arriving 12:00 approx)
Day-3: Karasawa Mountain Hut -Shiradashi Col (4.5hrs) -Mt.Oku-Hodaka summit (1.5hr) – Shiradashi Col (1.5hr) Karasawa Mountain Hut for overnight (2hrs)
Day-4: Hike downKarasawa – Kamikhochi (5hrs, arriving 12:00 approx) and catch the next bus to Matsumoto (See schedule). Overnight hotel in Matsumoto
Day-5: Enjoy breakfast in hotel before check out and proceed to Nagoya.
Rec: Visit Narai, Kiso on the way to Nagoya
Day-6: Train to airport
6 Days Japan Alps climbing in Winter
Tour Code: JPN-JAWC_06
Price Per Person in SGD: $ 1948 (Single)/ $ 1748 (Twin)
Min 4 pax
Cost is subject to change & depend on availability
- 2 Nights Accommodation in mountain hut/ lodges
- 2 Nights hotel in Matsumoto based on Vuena Vista Matsumoto & 1 night in Nagoya 3-star hotel Single or double room with breakfast
- English/ Japanese speaking guide during the 3-day climb
- Meals in the mountain (2 dinner + 2 breakfast)
- Common equipment: guide equipment
- 7 Days Japan Rail Pass Ordinary
- Briefing before departure
- All airfare + taxes
- All Other Rail Pass not mentioned
- Local train & bus to Kamikochi & return
- Other transport not mentioned
- All other meals not mentioned
- All entrance fees + optional tour
- Travel insurance
- Personal gears such as Crampon, Axe, harness, gaiter, runner sling, screwgate carabiner, helmet, warm gears, etc.
|<Rental Climbing Equipment> *Reserve in advance.|
|Harness, Carabiner, Runner set: JPY1,000. / 3 days|
|Axes: JPY1,000. / 3 days|