9 Days Mt Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route
Mt Kilimanjaro Trek (Lemosho Route)
Max Alitude 5895m
Trip Summary 7 days on the Mountain
Join in Date: 09-17 Feb 2017
Best Season Jan, Feb & Sep (Best time to go) Jun-Aug, Oct and Dec (Still good to go)
THIS IS considered the most Difficult route; AND also most fascinating and scenic up Kilimanjaro.
Day 01: Kilimanjaro International Airport/ Nairobi International Airport to Arusha
Day 02: Drive Arusha to Londorosi Gate (About 45 minutes). Hike to Mti Mkubwa 2816m (3-4 hrs)
Day 03: Hike to Shira I 3520m (5-6 hrs)
Day 04: Hike to Shira II 3725m (4~6 hrs)
Day 05: Hike to Baranco 3993m (6-7 hrs)
Day 06: Hike to Barafu 4545m (6-7 hrs)
Day 07: Hike Summit 5895m (6~7hrs), then descend to Mweka 3051m (5~7hrs)
Day 08: Hike to Mweka gate (3~4hrs), transfer to Arusha
Day 09: Transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport or Nairobi Airport
09 Days Mt Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route
Day 1 Arrival
Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport.
You’ll be met upon arrival and transferred to your hotel in Arusha: Planet Lodge
Day 2 Arusha to Londorosi Gate to Mti Mkubwa (2816m, 3-4 hrs) ~ (BLD)
After breakfast, we drive to the Londorosi gate for a few minutes of registration and other formalities. The 4WD will take you further up to Lemosho Glades, after which you will walk for about 4 hours to Mti Mkubwa Campsite for dinner and overnight at the camp
Day 3 Hike to Shira I (3520m, 5-6 hrs) ~ (BLD)
After breakfast, we leave for Shira Plateau, walking through the moorland’s steepening track. Dinner and overnight at Shira I Camp
Day 4 Hike to Shira II (3725m, 4~6 hrs) ~ (BLD)
Today we continue to hike across the high desert to Shira II Camp, with significant acclimatization effect as we go up the mountain
Day 5 Hike to Baranco (3993m, 6-7 hrs) ~ (BLD)
After breakfast, we leave for Barranco Camp and spend the night there.
Day 6 Hike to Barafu (4545m, 6-7 hrs) ~ (BLD)
After breakfast, we leave for Barafu Camp (14,910 ft). We pass through the last water drop at Karanga Valley on the way up. Overnight at Barafu Camp
Day 7 Trek Summit (5895m, 6~7hrs), then descend to Mweka (3051m, 5~7hrs) ~ (BLD)
We wake up at midnight and, after a small snack, ascend to Uhuru Peak through the Stella Point (5681m). After reaching the summit, we head down to Mweka Camp (3051m) for dinner and overnight stay
Day 8 Mweka gate (3~4hrs), transfer to Arusha ~ (BL)
After breakfast, we head down to Mweka Gate with lunch packet, a waiting vehicle will take you to Planet Lodge
Day 9 Departure Kilimanjaro Airport or Nairobi Airport~ (B)
Transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport or Nairobi Airport by Scheduled riverside bus shuttle, or proceed onto a safari with us!
Tour Code: ATZ-KML_09 (Lemosho Route)
LAND Price per person in SGD:
Join in Date 09-17 Feb 2017: $4118 per person
|VALID till 30 June 2017||3288||3258||3188||3158||3138||3068|
Additional night in the mountain : S$ 375
Additional night in crater lake : S$ 600
Day trip to Arusha National Park for a game drive and hiking with additional night in Arusha : S$ 345
Single supplement in hotel : S$ 100
Price is subjected to changes without prior notice
Airfare: SIN-Nairobi-SIN: From S$ 1600 including taxes
A deposit of S$ 1500 per person is required upon confirmation and the balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to the departure date. Non-payment by required date may result in the cancellation of your booking and subjected to cancellation charges.
LAND Price includes
- Return scheduled riverside bus shuttle: Nairobi-Arusha-Nairobi OR airport transfer Kilimanjaro Airport – Arusha – Kilimanjaro Airport
- Transport from the hotel to the mountain and back to the hotel
- 2 Nights twin share at Arusha Planet Lodge
- Accommodation in mountain huts or mountain tents with mattresses; we use the highest quality of expedition tents by Eureka or Mountain Hardware.
- Meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- All park fees, including mountain rescue fees, government taxes, and all applicable fees and taxes
- Services of a professional leading guide who is medically trained, certified, licensed, and English speaking
- Dining tent on the trek for meals
- Services of English-speaking assistant guide(s), a skilled cook, and enough porters for a guest’s luggage, food, water, and dinning tent
- Use of radios/phones to increase your safety
- Briefing prior departure
- 15% discount for travel gears at X-Boundaries, Montbell & Ice-Breaker
- All airfares, Airport taxes and fuel surcharge
- Expenses of personal nature
- Visa fees if applicable
- Tips to porters, guides and cook (recommended in USD, Cash)
- Climbing gears (can be rented on arrival)
- Medical Equipment, which can be rented well in advance for the following costs: U$250/group for hyperbaric chamber, U$210/group for an emergency Oxygen cylinder and U$140/group for a stretcher. Please note these prices include a porter to carry the equipment.
- Portable toilets: If you do not want to use public toilets which some of climbers have been complaining about being dirty, then add U$110/person (or U$180/group) for a portable toilet. Kindly, let us know at the time you make a booking and not afterwards.
- Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
– The pack that the porters carry is limited to 15kgs
– Overweight or extra luggage will require an extra porter at US$10/bag/day.
– You can leave extra luggage in Hotel in Arusha or at our local office (do not leave any valuables like cash, jewellery, electronics, etc)