Aurora Borealis Winter Escapade
Lake Louise - simply magical!
Gondola up to Sulphur Mountain
View from Sulphur Mountain
Cave and Basin National Historic Site
Dog-sledding – you don’t want to miss this!
Aurora Borealis in Whitehorse, Yukon
Snowmobiling – tour the beautiful Yukon on these fabulous machines!
8 Days Aurora Borealis Winter Escapade
Date: 26 Jan – 2 Feb, 4-11 Feb 2017
8 Days / 7 Nights
See the amazing Aurora Borealis in Yukon, Canada and escape to the Canadian Rockies for a winter wonderland adventure!
This trip will be a chance for you to escape into the splendours of a snowy winter wonderland in the Canadian Rockies and experience the beautiful winter landscape made so much more magnificent with the mountains in the background. You will get to see the world-renowned Lake Louise and get the once-in-the-lifetime chance to ice-skate on this beautiful frozen lake. You will also visit Banff, the most famous town of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks, which is on the UNESCO world heritage list. In Banff, you will ride the gondola up Sulphur Mountain for views that will take your breath away! Then discover the secret in the Cave and Basin tour that led to the discovery of this amazing mountain national park. Your winter escapade will also bring you the wonders of snowshoeing, dog-sledding, and even caving! (These are recommended optional tours that you can add to package if you wish)
The second part of this trip will see you board a flight to Yukon into the town of Whitehorse where you will have the opportunity of your lifetime to catch the spectacular Northern Lights – the Aurora Borealis. For 3 nights, you will be transported from your hotel to a heated cabin or wall tent, out in the open darkness, to catch the Aurora Borealis. During your days there, you will visit the Yukon Wildlife Preserve where you can watch and photograph the Dall Sheep, Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat, Deer, Elk, Woodland Caribou, Wood Bison, Musk-Ox and Moose – all in their natural habitat. You will also get the chance to soak in the Takhini Hot Springs in an open Yukon winter landscape. How amazing is that! Try the optional snowmobiling tour to finish off your fantastic Yukon winter adventure!.
Aurora Borealis Winter Escapade
26 Jan – 2 Feb 2017, 4-11 Feb 2017
Arrival into Calgary airport. Transfer from airport to hotel in Canmore (1.5 hours drive away).
We leave in the morning for the beautiful Lake Louise. You can spend your morning here just strolling around the lake, enjoy the scenery, or go indoors to the famous Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and have some tea while taking in the scenery. You can rent ice skates too, for this lovely opportunity to skate in such gorgeous surroundings.
In the afternoon, we’ll be in Banff to ride the Gondola up to Sulphur Mountain for a great scenery!
And then head to the Cave and Basin National Historic Site.
We’ll be taking the flight to Whitehorse in the afternoon for the Aurora Borealis part of our tour. Before that, there is the option of doing a dogsledding (or mushing) tour – an opportunity you don’t want to miss! Otherwise, we’ll be heading to Banff or Canmore for shopping in the beautiful town and to take more photos.
Our flight in the afternoon will arrive in Whitehorse in the night so it’ll just be a check-in at the hotel.
You’ll get to walk out and see the city for much of the day today. The hotel is located near the Yukon River and within walking distance of all attractions, restaurants, banks and stores. You will transfer to another hotel around lunch and then there will be an information meeting and registration for optional tours at the hotel today.
At 9:30 pm, you will depart for Aurora viewing. A cozy, heated cabin or wall tent with hot drinks and snacks makes your Aurora viewing even more enjoyable. The return to the hotel will be around 2.00 am. This will be the same arrangement for every night during your stay in Whitehorse.
At 10am today, we will go on a city tour of Whitehorse. We will tour the Main Street, Train Depot
of the White Pass and Yukon Route, Log Skyscraper, Log Church, Sternwheeler SS Klondike, Fish Ladder, Schwatka Lake and some residential areas.
In the afternoon, we’ll be heading out to the Yukon Wildlife Preserve with a guide and then to the Takhini Hot Springs. Check out this video about an interesting event at the Hot Springs:
In the evening, Aurora viewing will continue as planned.
You will get to go on your optional tours today to take in the natural beauty of the Yukon. There are quite a few to choose from: Snowmobile Tour, Ice fishing and Snowshoeing, Life in the Cold Interpretive Tour, The Ultimate Winter Experience, and Dogsledding (last chance to do this!).
In the evening, you will go out on your last night of Aurora viewing as planned.
The flight back to Calgary will be in the mid-afternoon. There will be another opportunity to do an optional activity in the morning, if you like, or just to take in the sights for the last time and capture your last few shots of the city of Whitehorse or the Yukon River.
You will arrive back in Calgary at about 8pm and then transfer to your airport hotel for the night.
Departure for Singapore. Transfer to the airport will be provided by the hotel shuttle bus.
LAND Cost per person in SGD
4-7 persons : $ 2,828
8-11 persons: $ 2,698
12 persons : $ 2,568
- Return airport transfers and all other transfers during the whole tour
- 2 nights hotel and b/f in Canmore, 4 nights hotel and b/f in Whitehorse, 1 night hotel in Calgary.
- All sightseeing tours by van in Banff and Lake Louise
- Banff Gondola ride to Sulphur Mountain
- Cave and Basin tour
- Return Air Ticket: 28 Jan Calgary – Whitehorse (Yukon); 1 Feb Whitehorse (Yukon) – Calgary
- Information meeting and City tour in Whitehorse
- Aurora viewing and assistance in Whitehorse
- 3 nights of Aurora watching including hot drinks and snacks
- Tour of Yukon Wildlife Preserve with qualified guide and entry into Takhini Hot Springs
Price does not include:
- Travel insurance
- Return air tickets from Singapore to Calgary
- eTA fees (Electronic Travel Authorization – a requirement for entry into Canada for Visa-exempt foreign nationals)
- ESTA fees (Delta Air transits into USA – so you need to apply for ESTA to go through USA)
- Lunch and dinner on all days of the tour; and the one breakfast on 2 Feb (a.m. departure to Singapore)
- Optional tours (eg. dog-sledding and snowmobiling)
- Rental of ice skates at Lake Louise
Please place a non-refundable deposit of SGD 1,500 by 16 Dec to confirm your booking.
Deposits are non-refundable because the flights to Yukon and the Aurora Borealis tour in the Yukon have to be booked and paid up by end December.
- Hotel stay is in B&B or 2 to 3-star accommodation depending on availability. Hotel Rooms are Twin Sharing or Quad Sharing, or Resort chalet up to 6 people. Beds may be twin-sharing on Queen-size or King-size bed
- Winter travel and tours are often subjected to unpredictable weather conditions. In most cases, the tour will proceed according to the itinerary as far as it is safe and possible to do so. However, in extreme cases, travel and tour activities may have to be delayed or postponed, or even cancelled (if there is no way of rescheduling the activity). Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- Please ensure that you have good quality winter wear and boots, and are aware of the concept of layering to keep warm. To learn more, Google or Youtube with subject: layering to keep warm in winter… or check with our gear partner X-Boundaries staff in Novena Square.
This tour package will begin on 26 Jan/ 4 Feb 2017 and end on 2 Feb/ 10 Feb 2017 (8 Days/7 Nights) in Calgary, Canada. Due to time zone difference, your length of time away from Singapore will be 26 Jan till 3 Feb or 4 Feb till 11 Feb 2017, if you are taking the recommended flight (see below for details of recommended flight). You will actually arrive very late on the night of 3th Feb (12.05am, 4 Feb) or 11th Feb (12:05am, 12 Feb).
The tour will only proceed when there is a minimum of 4 persons who paid in full. The maximum number for this tour is 12 persons.
Recommended flight: Delta Air (www.delta.com)
Departing Singapore (SIN) on 26 Jan 2017 at 6.55am Stopovers at Narita (NRT) and Seattle (SEA)
Arriving into Calgary (YYC) on 26 Jan 2017 at 2.10pm
Total travel time: 22h 15min
Departing Calgary (YYC) on 2 Feb 2017 at 7.30am Stopovers at Seattle (SEA) and Narita (NRT)
Arriving into Singapore (SIN) on 4 Jan 2017 at 12.05am
Total travel time: 25h 35min
Cost of Fare: SGD 1,531.90 (as of 31 Oct 2016)