Booking Terms & Conditions
On Japan tours with tour code JPN-AH
Notification of cancellation must be made in writing.
These terms and conditions apply to all of our Hokkaido tours with tour code starting with JPN-AH including scheduled, custom, and self-guided tours. We recommend you read these completely before booking.
Covid-19 related cancelations
If we are unable to operate a tour due to any Covid-19 restrictions in Japan, you can transfer your booking to another date or receive a full refund less any bank fees.
For any non Covid-19 related changes or cancellations, our normal terms and conditions will apply as below.
1. Travel Contract
(1) The tour is planned and carried out by X-Trekkers and our partner, and customers who participate in the tour will enter a travel contract with our company.
(2) The contents and conditions of the contract are based on the tour information detailed on our website, the booking conditions on this page, the tour confirmation contract detailing the final itinerary provided by us before departure, as well as the “Standard General Conditions of Travel Agency Business”.
(3) X-Trekkers and partner guarantees that we will provide the travel services outlined in the travel itinerary set by us.
(1) We accept bookings by phone, email, or other means of communication. The contract is not established at the time of booking. The contract will be executed when X-Trekkers receives the following payment:
- The full tour price for 1 day and 2 day tours.
- A deposit of SGD 800 per person for tours of 3 days or more.
(2) If we do not receive the deposit or full payment then we will not process the booking.
(3) The deposit is treated as a part of the tour price. The balance payment is due 30 days before the start date of the tour, and we will remind you of this by email.
(1) You are required to fill in and submit our Registration Form within 7 days from when the booking is accepted by us. On the Registration Form we ask for your name, contact details, medical conditions, emergency contact details, travel insurance, and some information regarding your travel.
(2) If you have any special requests regarding food requirements, allergies, or physical abilities, please let us know at the time of booking.
(3) We will endeavour to arrange the measures requested wherever possible and practical. Please note that any extra costs required are to be borne by the customer, and that we may decline the booking if we are unable to arrange the measures requested.
(1) Cash payment can be made by:
- Cash deposit to our bank account (OCBC Current Account 522076249001). As soon as the payment is made, please send the bank-in slip or receipt by email (email@example.com).
- At our PARTNER shop X-BOUNDARIES in Mandarin Gallery
Address: 333A Orchard Road Mandarin Gallery #03-21 Singapore 238897
Collection & Payment hours: 11:00am to 8:00pm Daily
(2) Bank Transfer
- Account Name: X-TREKKERS ADVENTURE CONSULTANT PTE LTD
- Account No: 522076249001
- Bank Name: Overseas Chinese Banking Corporation Limited Singapore (OCBC code 7339)
- Bank Branch: Clementi Branch (Branch code 522)
- Bank Address: 3155 Commonwealth Ave W, The Clementi Mall, Singapore 129588
- SWIFT Code: OCBCSGSG
- CHIPS UID 010275
All bank charges are to be borne by you.
As soon as the payment is made, please send the bank-in slip or receipt by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
(3) Paypal or Credit Card
By Paypal : Please add 4% Convenient Fee
- Paypal Account
- Credit Card (Mastercard or Visa)
Or from our invoice to you.
(4) PayNow UEN No.199805829N
(5) If we do not receive the payment by the due date set by us, we will consider that the contract is cancelled on the following day, and in this case, the cancellation fee may be charged.
(1) Upon cancellation, the guest shall be liable to pay a fee to cover the estimate of cost and expenses incurred by X-Trekkers and/or its partners. This is expressed as a percentage of the total price and is calculated as indicated in Table below. All administration fees, taxes, charges or levies imposed shall be borne by the guest.
(2) In addition to the above cancellation fees payable to us, you are required to pay any cancellation fees and penalty charges required by the service providers, such as accommodation and transportation.
(3) If the number of travellers has not reached the Minimum number at 30 days prior to departure, we will notify you of the cancellation and refund the amount that you have paid us. However, we will not be liable to compensate for any inconvenience or incidental expenses that you may incur, including airline tickets.
(4) The customer may cancel the contract without paying the cancellation fee in the following situations:
- When the contract contents are changed by X-Trekkers & Partner.
- If safe and smooth travel becomes impossible due to natural disasters, war, riots, suspension of travel services such as transportation and accommodation facilities, orders from public institutions, or other reasons.
- When X-Trekkers & Partner do not deliver the tour confirmation contract, including the finalised itinerary, to the customer before the start of the tour.
- When it becomes impossible to carry out a trip according to the itinerary stated in the tour confirmation contract due to reasons attributable to us.
|…more than 21 days prior to departure||SGD 25|
|…between 20 days and 8 days prior to departure||20% of the tour price|
|…between 7 days and 2 days prior to departure||30% of the tour price|
|…1 day prior to departure||40% of the tour price|
|…on the day of departure||50% of the tour price|
|…after the tour has commenced||100% of the tour price|
(5) Cancellation – after the start of the tour
- If the contract is cancelled or the customer leaves the tour early, it will be regarded as a waiver of the customer’s rights and no refund will be given.
- If the customer is unable to receive the travel service stated in the tour confirmation contract, or if X-Trekkers & Partner notifiee that fact, then regardless of the cause, the customer can cancel the contract without paying the cancellation fee for the remaining portion of the itinerary that is no longer going to be fulfilled.
- In the case of the preceding paragraph, X-Trekkers will refund you the balance after paying the cancellation, penalty, and other fees due by the provider(s) of the travel services that the customer is yet to receive.
7. Health, Fitness and Behaviour
(1) Payment of the deposit or of the full tour price acts as a warranty that the traveller has sufficient health and fitness to participate in the tour. We reserve the right to decline a booking and/or remove a traveller from a tour if their health, fitness or behaviour interferes with the tour or other travellers’ tour experience in any way.
(2) If you have a medical, physical or mental condition, you must disclose this to us by providing accurate information on the Registration Form upon booking. You are also obliged to inform us if a medical condition changes after your booking and before the date of departure.
(3) Customers over the age of 75 may be asked to submit a medical certificate from their doctor.
(4) In the event that X-Trekkers & Partner cancels the contract due to the customers health, fitness, or behaviour as described above, the contractual relationship between the customer and our company will end at that time and the fulfilment of our obligations regarding the travel services you have already received is considered to be complete.
(5) In the case of the preceding paragraph, X-Trekkers & Partner will refund you the balance after paying the cancellation, penalty, and other fees due by the provider(s) of the travel services that the customer is yet to receive.
(6) If you decide to leave the tour at your convenience, please inform X-Trekkers & Partner of when you will rejoin the tour. If you withdraw without notification, we will not be liable to compensate for any loss caused by the withdrawal.
8. Alteration of the Contract
(1) In order for us to assure the safety of travellers and our guides, X-Trekkers & Partner reserves the right to:
- Cancel, modify, substitute any hiking/cycling route set out in the itinerary, in case of adverse weather, or any other hazardous conditions.
- Change the date, the itinerary and the providers of travel services in the event of natural disasters, suspension of travel services, orders from public institutions, if those changes are unavoidable to ensure the safe and smooth implementation of the tour.
(2) In the above situations, we will promptly explain to the customer in advance the reason for the alteration. However, in case of emergency, we may be unable to explain the reasons until after the alteration is made.
9. Alteration of the Tour Price
If any fare of the transportation we use is revised significantly beyond what is normally expected, such as due to significant changes in economic conditions, etc, the tour price will also be changed. If the tour price is altered, we will notify the customer at least 16 days before the start of the tour.
10. Change of Traveller
You may transfer your contractual status to a third party with our prior consent. In this case, you will be required to pay the amount of fees set by us. When we are unable to change the reservations under the name of the replacing person, due to the vacancy status of providers or other unavoidable reasons, we may decline the request.
11. Refund Payment
When X-Trekkers & Partner makes any refund to the customer due to the alteration of tour price or the cancellation described in sections 5-10 above, we will pay the refund on the following schedule.
Cancellation made before departure Within 8 days from the day the cancellation is made
Cancellation made after departure Within 31 days from the day the tour ends
12. Group Bookings
When we receive a booking from a group representative on behalf of the rest of the group, we consider that the person in charge has the right to represent the customer regarding the execution and cancellation of the travel contract. All transactions related to the travel contract will be carried out between the person in charge and X-Trekkers.
13. Our Liability
(1) X-Trekkers & Partner will only compensate for any losses incurred by the customer as the result of our company’s actions, both intentional or through negligence, when we are notified of the losses within two years from the day after the occurrence of the damage. Damages to baggage will be compensated, up to 150,000 yen per customer, only when we are notified of the damage within 14 days from the day after the occurrence of the damage.
(2) X-Trekkers & Partner will not be held liable for any losses caused by natural disasters, war, riots, suspension of travel services such as transportation and accommodation facilities, orders from public institutions, or other reasons beyond our control.
14. Special Compensation
(1) Below are the compensate for any accidental losses suffered by our customer during the contracted tour regardless of whether or not we are liable. These are called “Special Compensation”, and the amount described below will be paid out from our local partner.
|Compensation for||Amount per customer|
|Death within Japan||15 million yen|
|Hospitalisation||Between 20,000 and 200,000 yen depending on the number of days|
|Outpatient medical treatment of 3 days or more||Between 10,000 and 50,000|
|Damage to personal belongings||150,000 yen (Max 100,000 per item)|
(2) “Special Compensation” does not apply to valuables such as cash & credit card, important documents such as passports, electronic data, activity equipment, contact lenses, dentures, artificial limbs and other items specified in the “Standard General Conditions of Travel Agency Business” in Japan.
(3) To receive Special Compensation for damages, in accordance with Article 21 on “Special Compensation” of the Travel Agency Act, you must submit the following documents:
- A report on the accident issued by the police or other appropriate party
- Documents that certify the extent of losses incurred by the customer
- Any other documents we deem necessary
(4) X-Trekkers & Partner will not be liable to compensate for any losses caused in the following situations:
- Damage caused intentionally by the customer or due to the customer’s illness, drunk driving, intentional violation of laws and regulations, or receipt of service that violates laws and regulations.
- Accidents during “high risk” sports, such as climbing or skydiving, that are not included in the agreed itinerary.
- Losses occurred on days when it is clearly stated in the tour confirmation contract that no travel services will be provided by our arrangement (free day).
15. Itinerary Guarantee
(1) By law, our parter is obliged to compensate for any significant change made by us to the itinerary from what was detailed in the tour confirmation contract. The amount will be defined by multiplying the tour price by the rate shown in the following table. Payment will be made within 31 days from the day the tour ends. Please note that with the consent of the customer we may provide goods or services of equal or higher value instead of paying the compensation.
|Content of itinerary change (from what is stated in the tour confirmation contract)||Rate per case (%)|
|Before the start of the tour||After the start of the tour|
|Change of the tour start date or end date||1.5||3.0|
|Change of the destination or facility||1.0||2.0|
|Change to lower graded or lower priced transportation or facility||1.0||2.0|
|Change of the type or name of the transportation provider||1.0||2.0|
|Change of airport||1.0||2.0|
|Change of the type or name of the accommodation provider||1.0||2.0|
|Changes in guest room type, facilities, views or other guest room conditions||1.0||2.0|
|In the event any of the changes listed above are to items included in the tour title||2.5||5.0|
(2) X-Trekkers & Partner will not be liable to compensate for itinerary change when the changes are made as safety measures against natural disasters, wars, riots, orders from public institutions, or suspension of travel services such as transportation and accommodation facilities.
(3) The maximum amount of compensation paid by us under any one contract is 15% of the tour price. We will not pay any itinerary change compensation less than 1,000 yen.
(4) When X-Trekkers & Partner becomes liable to pay compensation as described in section 13 “Our Liability”, we will deduct any itinerary change compensation already paid before paying the compensation we are liable for.
16. Responsibility of the Customer
(1) If X-Trekkers & Partner suffers willing or negligent damage by the customer, we will claim compensation for our losses from the customer.
(2) It is the responsibility of the customer to, using the information provided by us, endeavour to understand their rights, obligations and other details of the travel contract.
(3) If the customer experiences and recognises any difference in tour services described in the tour confirmation contract, the customer must promptly inform X-Trekkers & Partner at the destination before the end of the tour.
17. Reporting Of Emergencies
(1) In case of an unexpected event or accident on a Self-Guided or Self-Drive tour, please contact the team at X-Trekkers & Partner on the emergency contact number given on the tour confirmation contract.
18. Use of Imagery
(1) X-Trekkers & Partner reserve the right to use photographs or videos taken during our tours for promotional purposes. Please let us know at the time of booking If you have any objections to us using your image.
19. Assumption of Risk
(1) Travellers are advised that all activities are undertaken entirely at their own risk and they must behave in a fit and proper manner at all times in accordance with X-Trekkers & Partner ’s guidelines. All adventure tours and outdoor activities carry inherent risks and X-Trekkers nor its partners do not assume any responsibility for accidents that are caused by its customers or caused by factors outside of human control.
(2) With the purchase of your trip you acknowledge that:
- By its very nature, adventure travel, hiking and cycling tours are challenging, demanding and have a significant level of risk, including injury and possibly death.
- Additional dangers and risks associated with adventure travel may include difficult and dangerous terrain; high altitude; extremes of weather, including sudden and unexpected changes; political instability; remoteness from normal medical services and from communications; and evacuation difficulties in the event of illness or injury.
- You must follow our guide’s instructions and use any safety equipment provided at all times. For the above reasons you accept the inherent and increased dangers and risks associated with the proposed adventure and the accompanying risk of injury, death or property damage or loss.