8 Days Deotibba Base Trek
DEOTIBBA BASE CAMP TREK
Grade: Moderate Trek
Himachal Pradesh, India
• Excursion to Deo Tibba Glacier
• Views of peaks in the Pir Panjal Range
• Bustling Manali town
Best Time To Go: Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Sep, Oct
Date: 22 Sep – 29 Sep 2022
Tour Code: IND-MV-08
Deo Tibba at 6001m is a popular peak in the eastern Pir Panjal Range and Hampta Pass (4270m) used to be the traditional route between Kullu and Lahaul valleys. This trek takes us over the majestic foothills of the Himalayas, the Pir Panjal Range, crossing at Hampta Pass (4270m) to reach remote Lahaul – an isolated district of Himachal Pradesh. The barren landscape in the upper regions and the green valleys below make the trail awe-inspiring. Hampta pass offers scenic views of lush green valleys, towering snow-clad mountains, and hills. Leaving the Manali valley, the trek proceeds through forests of walnut, oak, the occasional alder and meadows to reach the base camp of Deo Tibba.
DEOTIBBA BASE CAMP TREK
Day 01: Overnight bus from Delhi to Manali (1900m)
Overnight Volvo bus from Delhi to Manali.
Other Ways to reach Manali
1- Fly to Bhuntar airport, Kullu and taxi to Manali (1.5hrs). This flight operates Mo, Tu, Th, Sa
2- Fly to Chandigarh and taxi to Manali (10-12hrs). You can break journey at Mandi
3- Overnight Volvo coach from Delhi or Chandigarh. We recommend coaches run by HP Tourism only. In case you reach Manali early then the hotel night will be extra.
Day 02 Arrive Manali. Sightseeing and acclimatization walks
Arrive in Manali by 10am. You’ll be met by our guide who’ll transfer you to the Hotel. Post lunch, you can occupy yourself with local sightseeing. Explore the Mall road of Manali in the evening. In the months of May & June it’s busy with Indian tourists. Team meeting over a cup of tea in the evening. Overnight Hotel in Manali.
Day 03 Drive to Sethan (45mins)Trek to Shayamaphu (2985m) 3-4hrs
After an early breakfast we drive to Sethan village the start point of our trek where we’ll meet the other team members (Cook and the Horsemen/Porters). The trek starts from Sethan Village going uphill all the way to Shayamaphu. The trail leads through beautiful Pine woods and green meadows. Overnight Camp.
Day 04 Trek to Raori Kholi (3300m) 5-6 hrs
Today the trail goes uphill once again and once we cross the stream the route eases and gets quite gradual till we reach a clearing. A little uphill from there takes us to our camp at Raori Kholi. There are some astonishing views of the Kullu/Beas Valley and also snow capped mountains and peaks of the Pir Panjal range of the Himalaya. Overnight Camp.
Day 05 Trek to Pyangneru; the Base of Deo Tibba (3500m) 5-6 hrs
Today we start with an easy ascent till the majestic Deo Tibba and Indrasan become visible. From there we start our gradual descent into the Deo Tibba valley. As we descend we walk through trails filled with Rhododendrons, Silver Birch and Scented Junipers. We descend to Alain River, cross it and set up camp at Pyangneru (the base of Deo Tibba). You could go ahead on an excursion to the snout of the Deo Tibba Glacier from where Alain River flows out. Overnight Camp.
Day 06: Pyangneru to Chikka (3140m)
We start our day walking out of the Deo Tibba Valley. The trail is gradual all the way as we walk high up with Alain River on our left. We turn into Hampta Valley from a high point and descend to Hampta River, cross it and walk to Chikka – a beautiful meadow beside the Hampta River. Overnight Camp
Day 07: Trek to Jobri Nala( 2hrs) & drive to Manali. Evening bus to Delhi
We leave Hampta Valley and start our descent to the roadhead- Jobri Nala. The descent is short and passes through wide open spaces and then through pine and Deodhar forests where we’ll see many Gaddi shepherds with their large flocks of sheep and Gujjar settlements with their Buffaloes. Jobri is the site of a dam which has been built on the Hampta River. Here we’ll get into our taxis and drive to the hotel in Manali (1.5 hrs) away for wash & change. People departing by overnight coaches will be dropped to the bus station on time to board their buses.
Day 08: Arrive Delhi
Trip ends yesterday only once we drop you to bus station for your overnight Volvo buses. But in case you stay extra night in Manali the we will surely provide you departure transfers from your hotel to bus station or will provide taxi from hotel to Bhuntar airport. For the return travel home you can again choose your preferred mode.
1 – By Taxi to Bhuntar airport, Kullu (1.5hrs) fly to Delhi and taxi to Manali. This flight operates Mo, Tu, Th, Sa
2 – Taxi to Chandigarh (10-12hrs), fly onwards. If the flight is early in the day, you can spend a night in Chandigarh. Fort Nalagarh (70 kms from the airport) is a good option if you would like to spend another night away from the cities.
3 – Overnight Volvo coach from Manali to Delhi/ Chandigarh can be boarded the previous night (subject to operations ). We recommend coaches run by HP Tourism only. Buses normally arrive Delhi by 7-9 AM.
Kindly note that we and the local guide reserve the rights to make decision, in your best interests or in the best interests of the group participating in the trek. In the event of cancellation of activity beyond our control such as adverse weather conditions and other similar conditions that compromises the safety of your group and the guide, no form of compensation will be given.
LAND Price per person in SGD: S$ 1050
Price is subjected to changes without prior notice
Tour Code: IND-DBC-08
1. Single Room in Manali during the trip can be booked at an additional cost of $ 60.
2. Single Tent for all camping nights can be arranged at an additional cost of $ 90.
3. Personal Porter to carry your day-pack during the trek can be arranged at $ 130.
A deposit of S$ 500 per person is required upon confirmation and the balance must be paid in full 45 days prior to the departure date. Non-payment by required date may result in the cancellation of your booking and subjected to cancellation charges.
Airfare: SIN-Delhi-SIN: From S$ 450 + taxes
LAND Price includes
- Transport from Delhi to Manali & back by AC Volvo bus.
- Twin Share accommodation for 1 nights hotel in Manali on full board
- Twin Share accommodation in tents with foam sleeping pads for 4 nights on the trek
- All meals on the trip
- Entry fees, Camping fees & Trekking Permit
- Full board camping arrangements on the mountain with a large mess tent, tables & stools
- Local Trip Leader assisted by certified, experienced local guide
- Porterage of all the personal baggage & camping equipment.
- All Transport from Manali to Manali as per the itinerary above
- Briefing prior departure
- 15% discount for gears at X-Boundaries
- All airfare & taxes
- Personal gears such as sleeping bag
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, beverages, cigarettes, camera fee
- Travel Insurance
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Visa and Visa application fees
- Any arrangements in Delhi
If it becomes necessary to cancel your trip, you must notify the office immediately in writing. The below terms would be applicable.
To factor in the extra-ordinary circumstances that we live in right now, we have amended our cancellation policy to allow customers to easily make changes to their plans if required and have the assurance that their money is protected.
If you notify us about the change in your travel plans at least 21 days before departure date, you can transfer your entire deposit to a different departure in India without any charge.
Please note that the following charges will apply on cancellation:
• If you have paid us a deposit and cancel more than 30 days prior to departure,we will refund the entire amount received by us less service fees of SGD 80.
• If you have paid us a deposit and cancel more than 21 days prior to departure,we will hold the entire amount as a credit towards a future trip in India. You can also transfer it as a deposit for any other departure in India you might want to join at a later date.
• If you have paid in full and cancel 21 days or less prior to departure, we will charge a 50% cancellation fee and hold the remaining 50% as credit towards a future trip in India taken within 1 year from the date of cancellation.
• If the cancellation is due to you having COVID-19/ “flu-like symptoms”, supported by a medical certificate OR due to any travel restrictions imposed by the national or local government we will hold the entire amount paid by you as a credit for a future trip in India. Sometimes last-minute cancellations could attract cancellation fees for third-party arrangements like air, train, or bus tickets; hotels; permit fees, processing fee, etc. Such cancellation charges if any would be borne by the customers.
The tour price is quoted as a package. No partial refunds or credit will be given for services not used. We recommend that you obtain cancellation travel insurance upon booking. If you can replace your spot by getting someone else to take that seat cancellation charges would be waived completely.
Please note that these cancellation terms may be amended from time to time.