Duration: 6 Days (3 Days climb)
LAND COST IN SGD: From SGD 920 per person
*Advance booking required
* Based on 6-10 persons
This climb is not suitable for children 16 years and younger.
The Pinnacle climb is a high risk and extreme activity.
Please send us your dates to check availability
The Pinnacle trail is regarded as an extreme climb (not a trek) on a natural route. Man-made assistance comes in the form of vertical steel ladders bolted into the rock faces and ropes. If you suffer from vertigo or fear of heights this is not for you. The visitors that were injured on this trail were people that underestimated the trail and their own fitness levels. These visitors were often not well equipped and did not adhere to the advice of their guides. Rescues are extreme (and costly) and even more so in the dark.
Camp 5 is a basic forest shelter that caters to visitors travelling on the Headhunter’s Trail and to those climbing the Pinnacles, providing accommodation for up to 30 guests per night. As space is limited reservations are essential.
Camp 5 has 5 bedrooms built on raised timber platforms with a roof and half walls, NO windows, NO doors and NO insect screens.
No cell phone reception – only radio communication
- Sleeping mats are provided, but no bedding. Bring your own or pay a deposit for blanket, sheet and towel at HQ. Get a refund on returning the bedding at HQ.
- Mosquito net rental MUST be paid at HQ and can be collected at Camp 5.
2. Shower/ Toilet
Camp 5 has separate showers (cold water only) and toilets.
Itinerary (Subject to changes)
Arrive Miri airport and transfer to Mega Hotel. Check in Hotel and sightseeing in Miri: Miri famous Rojak Stall (own expenses), 1st Oil-well (Grand Old Lady), Coco Cabana, Miri City Hall and evening night market. Own dinner at the famous De Journey Cafe before return to hotel.
Day 2 (B,D)
After breakfast in hotel, check out and transfer to airport for flight to Mulu. On arrival Mulu Airport, proceed to Park Office for registration and deposit luggage in store room. You can have own lunch (own expenses) at Park Cafe before longboat to Kuala Litut and trek to Camp 5 (1.5hrs hike). Arrive Camp 5 before sunset. Overnight and dinner.
Day 3 (B,L,D)
The hike begins around 06:30. The trail to the top is only 2.4 km long but rises 1200 metres to the viewpoint. The last section of the trail is near vertical with rope sections and ladders to climb. For many, the descent is more difficult and can take 5 hours or more. A pack lunch is provided and we return to Camp for overnight and dinner.
Day 4 (B,L,D)
After a second night at Camp 5 you retrace your steps back to Kuala Litut where you meet a boat at a pre-arranged time to Mulu Park. Check-in to the Park Accommodation and late lunch in Park Cafe. Late afternoon, proceed for Deer and Langs Cave with Bat watching depending on the weather. Return to Park HQ by night and dinner at Park Cafe. Overnight at Park Lodge.
Day 5 (B,L)
Breakfast at Park Café.
Visit to Penan Settlement and visit Wind Cave and Clearwater Cave with lunch at hut near riverbank. Collect luggage and transfer to airport for flight to Kuching.
On arrive Kuching Airport, transfer to Meritin Hotel (3*). Evening dinner at Slniawan Food Market at own expenses.
Day 6 (B)
After breakfast in hotel, check out and transfer to airport.
Cost SGD 920 per person
Based on 6-10 pax
- Entrance fee & tours as mentioned
- Transfer as per itinerary
- 1 night at Miri Mega Hotel based on deluxe room with breakfast
- 2 nights at Camp 5. Fully equipped kitchens with cooking gas are included. Bedding available for refundable deposit at HQ. Mosquito net to rent at HQ.
- 1 night at Mulu Park Longhouse Lodge
- 1 night at Kuching Meritin Hotel (3*) based on superior room with breakfast
- Local English / BM speaking guide
- Meals as denoted
WARNING You are not permitted to climb the Pinnacles unaccompanied, you must have a licensed guide.
Does not Include
- Tipping & Porter
- Meals not mentioned
- Hotel / Park tourism taxes
- High season surcharges
- Personal travel insurance
- All items not mentioned
- The park can help you to find an Independent Porter. A porter will carry maximum 17kg. Porter fees is RM150pp, but Park entrance RM15 and RM10/night accommodation on behalf of the porter must be paid to the Park.
Park Management will make every effort to put participants into groups. Under no circumstances can this be guaranteed. For reasons beyond THE PARK control bookings can be cancelled at the last minute, and you may find yourself part of a group of 1 or 2 participants. If this is the case the cost of this trek must increase. For 1 person to do this trek as the only participant the cost additional is RM596 and for 2 people the cost additional is RM 141.50. If the number of participants in any group is below 3 persons THE PARK will accept cancellations without penalty.
Please send us your dates to check availability
You will find in this section links to the products of our partner X-Boundaries, a Singapore shop & e-commerce site, your partner in adventure.
- In your luggage
- This trek is ONLY for hikers ABOVE AVERAGE FITNESS & EXCELLENT HEALTH
- COMMON SENSE: Listen to your guide (abandon the climb when heavy rain falls and don’t get caught in the dark), listen to your body, stick to the cut-off times and focus on your foot placement ALWAYS. Keep re-hydrated. Do not stand too long at the view point – going down is tougher than going up!