Hiking the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route and Cycling in the great outdoors in Nagano
Duration: 6 days, 5 nights
Cost per person: $5388 (Min 10 pax)
Tour Code: JP-HCN06
Nagano Prefecture is a region rich in natural beauty, culture and traditions with the Japanese Alps as its backdrop and many historical buildings. Voted as the number one prefecture among Japanese people to move to, she is affectionately called ‘Shinshu’.
In this tour, you will enjoy the charms of Shinshu to the fullest.
- Matsumoto Castle, with its keep remaining from the Edo period and is as popular as Himeji Castle.
- Zenkoji Temple, with a history of more than 1,400 years and visited by more than 7 million people a year.
- Hiking along the Alpine Route and cycling opportunities with beautiful views of the mountains.
- Enjoy a relaxing time in a hot spring after cycling.
Come and embark on a tour of Nagano, the most desirable prefecture for Japanese people to live in!
Itinerary (Subject to changes)
Meet your guide in the morning at Tokyo International Airport (Haneda) and proceed to Tokyo Station for Shinkansen with bento lunch.
Arrive at Toyama Station, check in hotel and enjoy the delicious freshly caught Toyama Bay Sushi.
Enjoy the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route with over 3 hours of hiking in the wilderness of Bijyodaira and Murodo, with their distinctive natural landscapes.
After visiting Matsumoto Castle and Zenkoji Temple, enjoy cycling at Lake Nojiri and Madarao Plateau on E-Bike. Cycle through the 2000 metre mountains and feel the fresh lakeside air as we forget the hustle and bustle of the city.
Morning enjoy a coffee break with beautiful mountain views at Lake Nojiri Terrace.
Today’s cycling course on e-bikes is a hill climb from Shiga Plateau to Shibu Pass – the highest point on national roads in Japan. You will receive a certificate for reaching the highest point on national roads, produced by local tourism officials.
After enjoying a bread-based Lunch at the highest bakery in Japan, we will continue the journey on bus to Kusatsu Onsen – the most famous hot spring resort in Japan (No. 1 in Japan for 19 consecutive years).
Tonight you will enjoy watching a Yumomi show, illuminated hot spring fields and relax in the hot spring baths.
Enjoy some shopping at Karuizawa Prince Shopping Plaza witth high-brand & high quality shops, and also sports-related brands. Find your favourite sports, fashion and high-class brands at great prices! Lunch at own in the food court which offers a wide variety of tastes from eight different restaurants.
In the afternoon, visit the warehouse town of Kawagoe and experience four different eras: Meiji, Taisho, Showa and Heisei eras. The city has historical buildings, cultural assets, seasonal nature, delicious food and cute cafés. Enjoy strolling through the streets, eating, shopping, taking photos, etc. as you wish!
End the day in Tokyo for free at leisure.
Day is free at leisure before transfer by chartered bus to airport and bring home from Japan your souvenirs and an unforgettable wonderful experience.
- Flight by Singapore Airlines Economy Class from Singapore + taxes (Subject to changes)
- Accommodation for all nights in 3–4-star hotels
- English-speaking tour escort accompanying for the entire travel from Singapore
- English-speaking through guide everyday (National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter for Day1-5, Unqualified English-speaking assistant for Day6), English-speaking local guides based in the community (Days 3-4)
- All Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 4 Dinner ※not include drink fee
- All transportation including private car transfers, bullet trains
- All entrance fees and activities
- Other transport not mentioned
- All other meals not mentioned
- All other entrance fees or tour not mentioned
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses for snacks, gifts etc.
You may also like
Join in Date: 26 May – 3 June 2023, 27 Oct – 4 Nov 2023
By using a private car and train, the course offers an efficient way to get around the highlights.
As well as the beauty of nature, you can also experience the hardships of the people affected by the 2011 the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami and the spirit of the people who rose from the disaster.
Above all, for those who love seafood, this tour is an absolute must!