In Your LuggAGEFor Mt Kinabalu, Mt Jade or Mt Fuji Hike
You will find in this section links to the products of our partner X-Boundaries, a Singapore shop & e-commerce site, your partner in adventure.
Discover Unlimited Beauty
For maximum comfort, favours a “multi-layer” clothing system: warm underwear (tights + jersey – fibers wicking away perspiration) + sweatshirt or fleece jacket, jacket and over-trousers with waterproof and breathable membrane (“Gore-Tex” type or equivalent) for bad weather. In general and outside of hot climates and countries, avoid cotton which retains moisture close to the body (and dries with difficulty) in favour of suitable synthetic materials. Merino wool garments are very efficient and pleasant to wear, and have the advantage of not developing the smell of perspiration!
at your maximum comfort
On the Hike
- Hiking shoes preferably holding the ankle with a good notched sole, with a buttress and good waterproofing
- Comfortable hiking socks (min 2 pairs)
- Trekking poles – to facilitate walking
- Waterproof and windproof jacket – protect against the wind and rain
- Rain pants – protect against the rain
- Hiking pants (quick dry material)
- Breathable or merino wool t-shirts (quick dry material)
- Underwear (quick dry material)
- Long-sleeved shirt including fleece or sweatshirt
- 1 or 2 gourds / personal snacks – mandatory
- Water Bottle (1.5L)
- For the bad or cold weather
- A beanie or balaclava
- A glove (Thermal/ windstopper)
- A thermos flask for your hot drinks
- Against the sun
- Hat or cap
After the day hike
- A change of clothes and personal base layer (quick dry material) for the evening and summit hike
- A slippers/ sandals for the evening
- Toiletry bag and towel (mini)
- Sleeping bag liner (optional)
- A mini- pharmacy: personal medication, surgical masks, hydroalcoholic gel, dressings, sterile compresses and bandages, gauzes, disinfectant, arnica granules and aspirin, etc. (note the non-exhaustive list to be adapted according to your own medical needs).
A comfortable 30-50L Backpack with waist belt for your day’s necessities (warm clothing, a raincoat, water-bottle, sunscreen and identity papers) and a little room for snacks.
- A bag cover
- Follow-up luggage: a backpack or a travel bag in good condition (recommend to leave at hotel or luggage deposit area before the hike)
This list is given as an indication and must be adapted according to the stay and the season in which you are leaving.
Get special gear pack offer for Your First Trip
Exclusively for X-Trekkers Guest