Discover Unlimited Beauty
For maximum comfort, favours a “multi-layer” clothing system: cool underwear (tights + jersey – fibers wicking away perspiration) + jacket and over-trousers with waterproof and breathable membrane (“Gore-Tex” type or equivalent) for bad weather. Avoid cotton which retains moisture close to the body (and dries with difficulty) in favour of suitable synthetic materials. Merino wool garments are very efficient and pleasant to wear, and have the advantage of not developing the smell of perspiration!
at your maximum comfort
On the Hike
- Hiking shoes preferably holding the ankle with a good notched sole, with a buttress and good waterproofing. Shoes with grip and flexible sole that allows your ankle to move (stiff soled mountain boots are not ideal). The Adidas kampong rubber shoes have been proven to be the best shoe for a wide spectrum of climbers. For sale in Mulu Gallery*
- Comfortable hiking socks
* pending on stock availability
- A comfortable 20-30L Backpack with waist belt for your day’s necessities (a raincoat, water-bottle, sunscreen, first aid and identity papers) and a little room for snacks. Recommended with 2 straps (a sling bag will be in the way and may obstruct your vision towards your feet.). You will need both hand free at all times.
- A bag cover – waterproof is recommended
- Hiking pants (quick dry material)
- Breathable or merino wool t-shirts (quick dry material)
- Underwear (quick dry material)
- 1 or 2 gourds / personal snacks – mandatory; Light lunch (Montbell Risotta : Outdoor food in 3 minutes) and an energy snack.
- Water Bottle(s) -3 LITRES MINIMUM (1 is left at the halfway point for you to use on the return journey)
- A glove – to help you cope with the rope sections upwards/downwards as well as the sharp rocks on the way down. For sale in Mulu Gallery*
- A mini- pharmacy: personal medication, surgical masks, hydroalcoholic gel, dressings, sterile compresses and bandages, gauzes, disinfectant, arnica granules and aspirin, etc. (note the non-exhaustive list to be adapted according to your own medical needs).
- For the bad or cold weather
- Waterproof and windproof jacket – protect against the wind and rain; preferably not a poncho (the incline is so steep that shorter individuals step on their own poncho). If you do use a poncho, cut/trim the lower part.
- Rain pants – protect against the rain; preferably not a poncho (the incline is so steep that shorter individuals step on their own poncho). If you do use a poncho, cut/trim the lower part.
Essentials for camp 5
- Change of clothes
- A slippers/ sandals for the evening/ for bathroom – optional
- Toiletry bag and towel (mini)
- Sleeping bag liner (optional)
- Insect repellent
- Spare batteries
- Pillow (inflatable) – optional
- Enough food for 3 days (extra supplies can be bought from the Cafe/Gallery pending availability) – Montbell Risotta , Montbell Rice : Outdoor food in 3 minutes
- Mosquito net (Rental available at Camp 5. MUST be paid for at the Park Office upon check in and to be issued at Camp 5)
- Some cash (mini tuck shop)
This list is given as an indication and must be adapted according to the stay and the season in which you are leaving.
Get special gear pack offer for Your First Trip
Exclusively for X-Trekkers Guest