09 Days Introductory Mountaineering Course
Days: 09 (Course) / 16 (Course & Climb)
Course: 4 – 12 April 2020 Course & Climb : 4 – 19 April 2020
This course is designed for individuals aspiring to learn the fundamental skills involved in climbing a mountain. It imparts skills necessary for safe, successful and enjoyable mountain adventures.
No previous climbing experience is required. However, there are a couple of strenuous days and we cannot but overemphasize the importance of physical conditioning. Everyone is expected to have good physical fitness as we would be spending many hours on field practice.Followed by the course we have a Friendship Peak (5289m) Climb which allows you to test your skills & gain confidence. Friedship peak, a spectacular mountain standing at an elevation of 5289m, is a part of the Pir Panjal range, in Kullu District of Himachal Pradesh. Facing several other peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Shitidhar, Indra Asan and Deo Tibba, the summit of this peak offers spectacular panoramic views of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges with the Beas Kund basin enhancing the beauty of the panorama. Climbing Friendship does not require any prior training & experience in mountaineering although the climb to the summit is quite steep and also requires use of crampons at certain points hence it surely requires good fitness.
Day 01: Board the overnight Volvo from Delhi to Manali (15-16 hours)
Day 02: Arrive Manali, transfer to Solang (1 hour drive)
Day 03: Trek from Solang to Dhundi Base Camp (2875m) (2-3 hrs).
Day 04: Training Day
Day 05: Training Day
Day 06: Training Day
Day 07: Training Day
Day 08: Half day training and transfer to Manali and board overnight Volvo to New Delhi
Day 09: Arrive Delhi early morning
LAND Price per person in SGD:
Course – Tour Code: IND-IMC-09 $ 1418
Course & Climb – Tour Code: IND-IMCC $ 2358
A deposit of S$ 800 per person is required upon confirmation and the balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to the departure date. Non-payment by required date may result in the cancellation of your booking and subjected to cancellation charges.
LAND Price includes
- Volvo bus tickets from Delhi to Manali and back
- Twin Share accommodation for 1 night at Solang
- Twin Share accommodation in tents with foam sleeping pads on the mountain
- All meals on the trip
- All Entry fees, Camping fees
- Climbing Permit
- Full board camping arrangements on the mountain with a large mess tent, tables & stools
- Local Trip Leader assisted by certified, experienced, local guides
- Porters’ salaries
- All Transport as per the itinerary above
- All Climbing Equipment needed for the trip
- Local Service tax &
- Briefing prior departure
- 15% discount for gears at X-Boundaries
- All airfare & taxes
- Personal gears such as sleeping bag
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, beverages, cigarettes, camera fee
- Travel Insurance
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Visa and Visa application fees