Japan Rail Pass Prices for this Month (July 2017)
(Enjoy 10% discount for travel gears at X-Boundaries when you purchase Japan Rail Pass with us!)
Prices of Exchange Orders (01 ~ 31 July 2017)
100 JPN YEN = S$ 1.255
Offer valid only within purchase dates (updated on 01 July 2017)
What is Japan Rail Pass?
Japan Rail Pass (JRP) is a discount train ticket offered by 6 companies that make up the Japan Railways Group (JR Group), allowing unlimited travel by rail and bus throughout Japan over 7, 14 or 21 consecutive day period in either ordinary or green (first) class seat. It is the most economical and convenient way to travel throughout Japan by train. Please be aware, however, some restrictions may apply. The pass is not valid for “NOZOMI” and “MIZUHO”trains on the TOKAIDO & SANYO SHINKANSEN lines.
The Area Pass (or Regional Pass) is also the discount train tickets that cover travel of a particular geographic area of Japan. It can be used for limited area only. The map below shows the area passes differentiated by the coloured areas and to be used within the respective area only. (JR Pass is for nationwide travelling within Japan.)
Please check the following 2 things before buying JAPAN RAIL PASS!
JRPs will be able to be bought at limited railway stations in Japan from 08 March 2017 till 31 March 2018 on a trial basis.
The sales offices are at: Sapporo Station, Sendai Station, Niigata Station, Tokyo Station, Shinjuku Station, Yokohama Station, Nagoya Station, Osaka Station, Hiroshima Station, Takamatsu Station, Hakata Station, New Chitose Airport Station, Narita Airport Terminal 1 Station, Narita Airport Terminal 2 Station, Tokyo Monorail Haneda Airport International Terminal Station, Kansai Airport Station.
Term of validity:
- (7-day pass) From 08 March 2017 to 06 April 2018
- (14-day pass) From 08 March 2017 to 13 April 2018
- (21-day pass) From 08 March 2017 to 20 April 2018
Japan Rail Pass Types and Prices
There are two types of JAPAN RAIL PASS: Green (for superior-class Green cars), and Ordinary. Each of these types is available as a 7-day, 14-day, or 21-day PASS. Please refer to JAPAN RAIL PASS Validity regarding travel allowed with the various types of passes.
The local currency price, applicable exchange rate, and issue date for an Exchange Order are specified on the Exchange Order itself.
Children who are age 6 through 11 as of the date on which the exchange order is issued are eligible for child PASS prices.
(Prices are subject to change. The applicable price is the price valid on the date when an Exchange Order is issued. )
- The validity period of a JAPAN RAIL PASS is the consecutive 7, 14, or 21 days period beginning on the date the PASS is first used.
- Within three months from the date the Exchange Order was issued, you must turn in your Exchange Order to obtain your JAPAN RAIL PASS (for example, an Exchange Order issued on April 15 would have to be turned in by July 14). At that time, you have to specify the date that you want to start using the PASS. It can be any date within one month from the date the PASS is received.
- Once a starting date has been assigned to the PASS, it cannot be changed.
Common Question on Japan Rail Pass
Q: Can we get Railpass on the spot?
A: Yes provided our officer is on duty. Alternatively you can do online registration. You will receive an email on confirmation and payment procedure. Once payment is received, we will proceed to issue the Railpass Exchange Order and collection can be done after 3pm next day. For cash payment with collection of JR Pass (ONLY) on spot, please arrange with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to fix on the date and time.
Q: Does Child need to purchase the Railpass?
A: Child below 6yrs of age is FOC (Means child has to seat on adult lap), if require seat cost is half of adult fare.
Q: Can you reserve tickets in advance?
A: Green Car is first class and seats can be guaranteed and you can make seats reservations. Ordinary car is second class though seats is allow for reservations but is non guaranteed.
Q: Does all types of bullet train allow Ordinary Ticket?
A: Yes except Nozomi.
Q: Can Nationwide Railpass covers all the whole of Japan prefectures?
A: Yes Nationwide railpass covers not only JR Limited trains (example JR Yamanote line in Tokyo), bullet trains, JR Ferry, JR Bus only. Underground train run by private company is not covered by JR Rail Pass.
Q: Can JR Area passes be purchased in Singapore and Japan?
A: Yes they can be purchased outside or inside Japan except Nationwide pass only sell outside Japan. Nationwide pass will be able to purchase in Japan on a trail basis from 8 Mar 2017.
Q: How do you account the validity of the passes and Exchange Order?
A: Exchange Order is valid for 3 months. Within 3months of issuance, you can validate your pass in any JR Exchange office. JR Office will issue a PASSPORT (2page booklet) and stamped the validation date of your intention date of usage and it valid on no of days accordingly to the type of pass you purchase.
Q: What is a flexible pass? (4 or 5 available in different area example Hokkaido 4 days Flexi Pass, 5 Days JR East, Tohoku Flexible… etc?
A: It means that within 14 days of your days of travelling you can use with any 4 days or 5 days, non continuously, which starts on the first date you determine your pass usage.
Q: How do you determined your exchange rate?
A: We fixed our rate every Tuesday accordingly to the exchange rate for that day.
Japan Rail Pass – From Purchase to Travel
- Buy your Exchange Order for the JAPAN RAIL PASS with us before you go to Japan.
- Be sure that you understand the eligibility requirements before purchasing the Exchange Order.
- In the event that you are unable to receive a PASS because you fail to meet the eligibility requirements, the JR Group is not liable for any charges or fees associated with your use of JR lines while in Japan.
- After you arrive in JAPAN, you have to turn in your Exchange Order (with your passport) to receive your JAPAN RAIL PASS at a JAPAN RAIL PASS exchange office in a major JR station and international airports – Narita, New Chitose and Kansai. Please note the Service hours and closing days. You cannot use an Exchange Order when you travel on JR lines.
- Your Exchange Order must be turned in for a JAPAN RAIL PASS within three months of the date the Order was issued (for example, an Exchange Order issued on April 15 would have to be turned in by July 14). *It may take time to turn in your Exchange Order and receive a JAPAN RAIL PASS if the service counter is busy. Please ensure you leave enough time when you visit the exchange office.
- At the exchange office, you will be asked to fill in a short application form and to show your passport with the Temporary Visitor stamp/sticker you received on entry into Japan. When exchanging the Exchange Order for a JAPAN RAIL PASS, you must show your passport* and the Temporary Visitor stamp/sticker.
- When turning in your Exchange Order for the Pass, you should specify the date to start using the Pass. It can be any date within one month from the date the Pass is received.
*In order to receive a JAPAN RAIL PASS, the name appearing on the Miscellaneous Changes Order must match the name appearing in your passport.
*Without your passport, the pass exchange will not be made. (A photocopy of your passport is also not acceptable because you must show the “Temporary Visitor” stamp/sticker in it.)
*If you are a Japanese living in Singapore, you must provide additional documents proving eligibility in addition to your passport. If an applicant is unable to provide written proof of eligibility and the clerk is unable to verify compliance using electronic data or other means, the PASS may be denied. Please refer to eligibility requirement for more information. The Exchange Order will not be provided in the absence of required eligibility documentation or ability to immediately confirm eligibility by electronic means at the exchange office. In some cases, a certificate of residence with a period of stay of at least 5 years may suffice as proof of eligibility. For details on required documentation, please check with the office where you purchase the Exchange Order.
- The type of PASS describe on the Exchange Order cannot be changed.
- If the Exchange Order is lost or stolen, or you are unable to provide it for another reason, no exchange for a JAPAN RAIL PASS can be made.
- You will not be able to exchange your Exchange Order for a PASS if you fail to satisfy the eligibility requirements.
After turning in your Exchange Order for a JAPAN RAIL PASS, you can make seat reservation at a “Midori-no-madoguchi” Reservation Office or JR Travel Service Center in the major train stations or international airports.
- There is no additional charge for making seat reservation.
- Seat reservations cannot be made at unmanned stations or stations without reservation capability.
- Shinkansen, most limited express and ordinary express trains have reserved Green Car seats and both reserved and non-reserved ordinary car seats. (The JAPAN RAIL PASS is not valid for any seats, reserved or non-reserved, on “NOZOMI” and “MIZUHO” trains on the Tokaido, Sanyo and Kyushu Shinkansen. Please use “HIKARI,” “SAKURA,” “KODAMA,” and “TSUBAME” trains.)
- A non-reserved seat (except for “NOZOMI” and “MIZUHO” trains on the Tokaido, Sanyo and Kyushu Shinkansen) can be used simply by showing your JAPAN RAIL PASS.
- There are no Green Cars on most “HIKARI” and “KODAMA” trains on the Sanyo Shinkansen line (Shin-Osaka—Hakata), or on Series 800 trains on the Kyushu Shinkansen line.
- The JR buses “Mizuumi-go” between Aomori and Towadako and “Oirase-go” between Hachinohe and Towadako require reservations. Please obtain your reserved-seat ticket before boarding these buses. (Service is not available during the winter period.)
- Use of Homeliner or other Liner trains is subject to additional fees.
- Some trains have no non-reserved seating (all seats are reserved).
- It may take time to make a seat reservation if the service counter is busy. Please ensure you leave enough time to make your reservation.
- Do not use an automatic ticket gate with a JAPAN RAIL PASS or a reserved-seat ticket. Please show the PASS at a Staff Attended Gate.
- Please note that during crowded periods you cannot be guaranteed a seat on a specific train. The periods when seat reservations are particularly difficult to secure are as follows:
■ April 27 to May 6
Due to consecutive holidays in a comfortable travel season, there is large-scale travel throughout Japan for leisure and recreation.
■ August 11 to 20
Another time for traditional travel to hometown areas, called the Obon season.
■ December 28 to January 6
The year end/New Year holiday period is the most popular travel time for Japanese people, for vacations and returns to hometown areas.
【How to read reserved seat tickets】
- Exchange Order must be turned in for the Pass within 3 months from the date of issue. At that time, you should specify the date to start using the Pass. It can be any date within one month from the date the Pass is received.
- Once the Pass has a starting date on it, the date cannot be changed.
- The Pass is valid for the railways, buses and ferry boats shown in the table below.
The routes and trains for which the JAPAN RAIL PASS is valid are subject to change after the start of service of the Hokkaido Shinkansen.
- All JR Group Railways including Shinkansen”bullet trains” (except “NOZOMI” and “MIZUHO”), limited express trains, express trains, and rapid or local trains (with some exceptions). JAPAN RAIL PASS holders can also use the Tokyo Monorail.
- Please note the JAPAN RAIL PASS is not valid for any seats, reserved or non-reserved on “Nozomi” & “Mizuho” trains. If you use a “Nozomi” & “Mizuho” train, you must pay the basic fare and the limited express charge, and a Green Car surcharge.
- If you use the GranClass car on the train of the Tohoku Shinkansen and Hokurku Shinkansen, you must pay the limited express charge and the GranClass car surcharge.
- Local lines of JR Bus (excluding some local lines). Pass validity for particular routes is subject to change.
(JR Hokkaido Bus, JR Bus Tohoku, JR Bus Kanto, JR Tokai Bus, West Japan JR Bus, Chugoku JR Bus, JR Shikoku Bus, JR Kyushu Bus)
- The PASS is not valid for travel on express bus routes operated by JR Bus.
- Only the JR-WEST Miyajima ferry is covered.
- Hydrofoil ferry service operated by JR-KYUSHU between Hakata and Pusan (Korea) is not covered.
*1 The JAPAN RAIL PASS is not valid for any seats, reserved (incl. Green Car) or non-reserved, on ”NOZOMI” and “MIZUHO” trains.
*2 There are no Green Cars on most “HIKARI” and “KODAMA” trains on the Sanyo Shinkansen line (Shin-Osaka~Hakata), or on some “SAKURA” and “TSUBAME” Series 800 trains on the Kyushu Shinkansen line.
*3 If you use a “DX Green” (operated by JR Kyushu), you must pay the limited express charge in addition to the DX Green charge.
*4 If you use the GranClass car, only the basic fare is covered with your JAPAN RAIL PASS for both Green Car and Ordinary Cars and you must pay the limited express charge and the GranClass car surcharge additionally.
- Private Compartments are available on some “HIKARI” trains on the Sanyo Shinkansen line.
- Green Private Compartments are on certain limited express trains, such as “Super-view Odoriko.”
- Use of “Home Liner” and other “liner” trains requires an additional charge.
- Before an Exchange Order is turned in for a Pass, you can ask for a refund with us (if it was purchased with us) within one year of the date of issue. Please note that there is a 10% charge of the amount you paid for the Exchange Order as handling fee and communication fee.
- After an Exchange Order is turned in for a Pass, you can ask for a refund at any JR Pass exchange office if this is done before the starting date for the use of the Pass. 10% of the Yen Price of the Pass will be charged as a handling fee by JR.
- No refund can be made for any reason on or after the stamped first date of travel.
- No refund or extension of the validity period can be made in the event of train non-operation, delay, or the like.
- Lost or stolen Exchange Order or Pass cannot be reissued under any circumstances.
- In case that an Exchange Order is lost or stolen, “Report of the Lost Exchange Orders” is to be filled and sent immediately to us. If the Exchange Order is proved to be unused during six month after the date of issue, refund will be made from us.
JAPAN RAIL PASS Train accommodations
Most JR trains have Ordinary Cars (coach class) while many long-distance trains also offer Green Cars (superior class). With a Green-type JAPAN RAIL PASS you can use either class, while with an Ordinary-type JAPAN RAIL PASS you can use only Ordinary Cars without paying an additional charge. Refer to the table below for details. The cars with ● can be used with JAPAN RAIL PASS. Use of the cars with ★ requires paying additional charges.
“NOZOMI” and “MIZUHO” trains on the Tokaido, Sanyo and Kyushu Shinkansen*1
“HIKARI,” “SAKURA,” “KODAMA” and “TSUBAME” trains on the Tokaido, Sanyo and Kyushu Shinkansen and any trains on the Tohoku, Yamagata, Akita, Joetsu and Nagano Shinkansen.
Ordinary private Compartment
Limited express and ordinary express
Green private Compartment
Ordinary private Compartment
Local and rapid trains