ADVENTURE RETREAT – 13 NIGHTS WITH 7 NIGHTS CAMPING TREK
The most popular trek in Bhutan. With altitude differences of 2,500m and nearly 5,000m (lowest and highest point of the route), it offers a wide range of landscape, fauna and flora. The highlight of this trek is the spectacular view of Mount Jomolhari from Jomolhari Basecamp, Jangothang. Nearly the whole trek goes through a small part of the Jigme Singye National Park, passing a few of the Yak herder’s settlement and the remotest region of Lingshi.
The seven night full-service camping trek offers river valley days, high altitude trekking days and a full day to explore Jangothang (Mt Jhomalhari base camp) deep in the Himalayas in the shadow of the Kingdom’s highest peak—Mt Jhomalhari (7314m).
This is an active itinerary and because of this, and the heights reached, this trip has been graded as a moderate to hard trekking adventure. As an indicator you should be able to walk up to 24 kilometres in mountainous terrain within seven to nine hours.
Total Trek Days : 7 days or more
Max Altitude: 4980m
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE JOMOLHARI TREK
The Jumolhari Trek highlights the great diversity that the Bhutanese landscape has to offer. You will pass through thick pine forests, scattered hamlets and alpine meadows that lead to the high pastureland where yak herders graze their animals.
- Experience fabulous views of snow-capped mountains such as Mt. Jumolhari and Mt. Jichu Drake.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Discover Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Camp overnight at the base of Mt Jumolhari.
- Spend time Marvelling at the ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO
DAY 02: PARO HAA VALLEY
DAY 03: PARO – SHANA (6hrs)
DAY 04: SHANA – SOIL THANGTHANGKHA (8hrs)
DAY 05: SOIL THANG’KHA – JANGOTHANG (8hrs)
DAY 06: JANGOTHANG – LINGSHI (8hrs)
DAY 07: LINGSHI – SHODU (8hrs)
DAY 08: SHODU – BARSHONG (7hrs)
DAY 09: BARSHONG – DOLAM KENCHO (6hrs)
DAY 10: D. KENCHO – DODENA/THIMPHU (3hrs)
DAY 11: THIMPHU TOUR
DAY 12: THIMPHU – PARO
DAY 13: PARO TIGER NEST
DAY 14: DEPART PARO
Date: 16-29 May 2019
Cost per person in SGD: Please check with us for the latest price
Base on min 3 persons
- Economy Airfare into Bhutan from Singapore including taxes.
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking trekking guide/tour leader.
- Cook and camp hand who will take care of camp chores and provide wholesome meals.
- Services of horsemen who will look after the yaks & ponies that transport luggage and camp gear.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard goverment approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.