14 Days Jomolhari Trek
ADVENTURE RETREAT – 13 NIGHTS WITH 7 NIGHTS CAMPING TREK
The most popular trek in Bhutan. With altitude differences of 2,500m and nearly 5,000m (lowest and highest point of the route), it offers a wide range of landscape, fauna and flora. The highlight of this trek is the spectacular view of Mount Jomolhari from Jomolhari Basecamp, Jangothang. Nearly the whole trek goes through a small part of the Jigme Singye National Park, passing a few of the Yak herder’s settlement and the remotest region of Lingshi.
The seven night full-service camping trek offers river valley days, high altitude trekking days and a full day to explore Jangothang (Mt Jhomalhari base camp) deep in the Himalayas in the shadow of the Kingdom’s highest peak—Mt Jhomalhari (7314m).
This is an active itinerary and because of this, and the heights reached, this trip has been graded as a moderate to hard trekking adventure. As an indicator you should be able to walk up to 24 kilometres in mountainous terrain within seven to nine hours.
Total Trek Days : 7 days or more
Max Altitude: 4980m
Date: 14 – 27 May 20
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE JOMOLHARI TREK
The Jumolhari Trek highlights the great diversity that the Bhutanese landscape has to offer. You will pass through thick pine forests, scattered hamlets and alpine meadows that lead to the high pastureland where yak herders graze their animals.
- Experience fabulous views of snow-capped mountains such as Mt. Jumolhari and Mt. Jichu Drake.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys to dense forests.
- Discover Bhutan’s unique culture up-close with farmhouse visits and village excursions.
- Camp overnight at the base of Mt Jumolhari.
- Spend time Marvelling at the ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO
DAY 02: PARO HAA VALLEY
DAY 03: PARO – SHANA (6hrs)
DAY 04: SHANA – SOIL THANGTHANGKHA (8hrs)
DAY 05: SOIL THANG’KHA – JANGOTHANG (8hrs)
DAY 06: JANGOTHANG – LINGSHI (8hrs)
DAY 07: LINGSHI – SHODU (8hrs)
DAY 08: SHODU – BARSHONG (7hrs)
DAY 09: BARSHONG – DOLAM KENCHO (6hrs)
DAY 10: D. KENCHO – DODENA/THIMPHU (3hrs)
DAY 11: THIMPHU TOUR
DAY 12: THIMPHU – PARO
DAY 13: PARO TIGER NEST
DAY 14: DEPART PARO
Cost per person in SGD: $5270
Base on min 3 persons
- Economy Airfare into Bhutan from Singapore including taxes.
- Bhutan Tourist Tariff Royalty & Visa fees.
- All private excursions and transfers in superior air-conditioned vehicle.
- Local English speaking trekking guide/tour leader.
- Cook and camp hand who will take care of camp chores and provide wholesome meals.
- Services of horsemen who will look after the yaks & ponies that transport luggage and camp gear.
- Experienced driver.
- Accommodation in carefully selected, highest standard goverment approved hotels & guesthouses.
- All meals in Bhutan.
- All entrance fees and permits.
- All personal expenses such as bars, beverages, laundry, telephone and tips.
- Medical / Travel Insurance.
Please Note The itinerary is intended as a guide only. Local conditions and weather may necessitate variations to the program and can affect the availability of views and panoramas described. Be aware that all times stated are approximate, and may vary with individual and group fitness.If you have any special dietary requests, please let us know in advance.
Throughout your stay you have the option to participate in a range of extra Outdoor Activities at an additional charge.Travel Insurance
It is strongly recommended that you be insured against medical and personal accident risks (including repatriation costs, air ambulance and helicopter rescue services) and that you also take out cancellation insurance and Travel Agency Insolvency.
You should be aware that some policies restrict coverage or do not cover travel to Bhutan and may not cover activities such as trekking (and mountain bike). Please ensure that your policy provides a sufficient level of protection and covers you for the activities involved. You must carry proof of insurance (e.g. your insurance certificate) with you to Bhutan.Travel to Bhutan
X-Trekkers handles the whole booking process on your behalf, including Druk Air / Bhutan Airlines flights. However, the price of flights may or may not be included in the package and it is therefore advisable to book well in advance to secure seats. We also handle visa application processing (included in the package). It normally takes 2 to 3 weeks to process the visa but under some circumstances, we can accelerate the process.