JR East 5 Days Flexi Pass
An excellent price for enjoying unlimited rail travel in Eastern Japan
The JR EAST PASS is a special discounted pass available only to customers visiting Japan (with a short-term visa no longer than 90 days) and holding a non-Japanese passport.
It allows unlimited rides on all JR East train lines. Start with a trip from Narita Airport or Haneda Airport to Tokyo, for example, then ride around, and maybe hop aboard the Shinkansen or a limited express to Sendai or Nagano.
In addition to JR East lines, the JR EAST PASS allows rides on some non-JR trains in the Izu and Nikko areas. While in Japan, take advantage of this great offer to see a lot more for a lot less.
You can use the pass on any five days within a 14-day period starting with the date of purchase or exchange in Japan. You do not have to determine your 5 travel dates at the time of purchase or exchange.
JR East 5 Days Flexi Pass – From Purchase to Travel
- Buy your Exchange Order for the JR EAST 5 DAYS FLEXI PASS with us before you go to Japan.
- Be sure that you understand the eligibility requirements before purchasing the Exchange Order.
- In the event that you are unable to receive a PASS because you fail to meet the eligibility requirements, the JR EAST RAILWAY COMPANY is not liable for any charges or fees associated with your use of JR EAST lines while in Japan.
Your Exchange Order will be an e-ticket. Print out a copy that shows the details of the e-ticket (name, reservation number, airline ticket number) and take it with you.
The Exchange Order must be redeemed for a JR EAST PASS within three months of Exchange Order issuance.
After arriving in Japan, you can use the pass on any five days within a 14-day period starting with the date of purchase or exchange in Japan. You do not have to determine your five travel dates at the time of purchase or exchange.
For example, if you purchase your pass or get it by exchange on August 1, you can show the pass at a station on any five days between August 1 and August 14 and it will be stamped as valid for use on that day.
- After you arrive in JAPAN, you have to turn in your Exchange Order (with your passport) to receive your JR EAST 5 DAYS FLEXI PASS at an exchange location. (Please note the Service hours and closing days.) You cannot use an Exchange Order when you travel on JR East lines.
- You will receive your JR EAST PASS after confirmation of eligibility.
Exchange Orders may be redeemed for a JR EAST PASS at Narita or Haneda Airport, as well as Tokyo, Shinagawa, Shinjuku, Sendai and many other JR East stations.
JR EAST Travel Service Center – Tokyo Station
Marunouchi North Entrance
JR EAST Travel Service Center – Shinjuku Station
JR EAST Travel Service Center –
Haneda Airport International Terminal (Tokyo Monorail)
2F Ticket Gate / Arrival Lobby
JR EAST Travel Service Center – Narita Airport Terminal 1
- After turning in your Exchange Order for a JAPAN RAIL PASS, you can make seat reservations at a “Midori-no-madoguchi” Reservation Office or Travel Service Center (View Plaza), located in most major JR East stations,.
- Seating is limited, so please make your reservation early.
- If no reserved seats are available, please use the unreserved seating. JR East does not make refunds for the difference between the price of a reserved and an unreserved seat in such situation.
【How to read reserved seat tickets】
JR East 5 Days Flexi Pass Prices
|JR EAST PASS||Pass Type||Ordinary Car|
|Flexible five-day pass (any five days within 14 days of issuance, including the day of issuance)||Adults|
(12 and older)
(6 to 11)
|22,000 yen||11,000 yen|
- The above are yen (¥) prices for a JR EAST 5 DAYS FLEXI PASS Exchange Order ; the actual cost in local currency is calculated based on the Banker’s Selling Rate (BSR), etc.at the time the Exchange Order is issued. Note that the purchase exchange rate may differ from the exchange rate in effect when you actually visit Japan.
- The local currency price, applicable exchange rate, and issue date for an Exchange Order are specified on the Exchange Order itself.
- Children who are age 6 through 11 as of the date on which the exchange order is issued are eligible for child PASS prices.
- Prices are subject to change. The applicable price is the price valid on the date when an Exchange Order is issued.
- The age limitations for Children is determined by the day of purchase. We may ask for the child’s passport or other proof of age. Children under age 6 do not require a rail pass unless you wish to make seat reservation for them.
- No youth rate (over age 11) or Green Car options are available with this offer.
- While traveling in Japan, each visitor may have one JR EAST PASS at a time. (A new pass may not be purchased if another one is still in use.)
- You can use the pass on any five days within a 14-day period starting with the date of purchase or exchange in Japan.
- You do not have to determine your 5 travel dates at the time of purchase or exchange. For example, if you purchase your pass or get it by exchange on August 1, you can show the pass at a station on any five days between August 1 and August 14 and it will be stamped as valid for use on that day.
JR EAST Valid Train Route
Unlimited travel on local, limited express and express trains including Shinkansen trains on the following rail company lines:
- JR East Lines (including BRT*)
- Izu Kyuko Line
- Hokuetsu Kyuko Railway Hokuhoku Line
- Aoimori Railway
- IGR Iwate Galaxy Railway
- Tokyo Monorail
- Sendai Airport Transit
- Tokyo Waterfront Area Rapid Transit Rinkai Line
- The following limited express trains that directly run between the JR East lines and Tobu Railway lines: the Nikko, the SPACIA Nikko, the Kinugawa, and the SPACIA Kinugawa. Also, the local trains (including rapid trains) between Shimo-imaichi and Tobu-nikko/Kinugawa-onsen Stations.
- Echigo Tokimeki Railway: Naoetsu – Arai
- * Bus rapid transit.
- The JR EAST PASS is not valid for the Hokuriku Shinkansen (between Joetsumyoko and Kanazawa) and the Tokaido Shinkansen (between Tokyo and Nagoya, Kyoto and Osaka) as they are operated by different rail companies.
- The JR EAST PASS is not valid for JR buses.
JR EAST PASS Free Area
JR EAST PASS Train accommodations
The JR EAST PASS is valid on ordinary cars.
To ride on Green Cars, GranClass, individual compartments, Liners or sleeper cars, an additional purchase is required, such as a limited express or sleeper ticket. See the station staff for further details.
Buy JR East 5 Days Flexi Pass Today
Buy today and check on the latest price.