10 Days KASHMIR GREAT LAKES TREK
KASHMIR GREAT LAKES TREK
Max Altitude: 4300m
Tour Code: IND-KGL-10
Date: 18 Jun – 27 Jun 2023, 27 Aug – 5 Sep 2023
A beautiful trek in the northeast corner of Kashmir that takes you to the banks of pristine high altitude lakes that are situated amidst lush green meadows – a landscape that is quintessentially Kashmir. The trek starts from Sonamarg in Sindh valley and ends at the village of Naranag. This is probably the most sought-after trail in Kashmir, popularly known as ‘The Great Lakes of Kashmir Trek’. The trail takes you to four lakes – Vishnu Sar, Ghad Sar, Satsar and Gangbal. We run this trip right at the start of the season before the trail gets crowded, allowing you to experience the incredible beauty of the trail in a tranquil setting. .
Day 01 Arrive Srinagar (1650m)
Day 02 Drive to Sonamarg, trek to Nichinai (3550m; 5hrs)
Day 03 Trek to Vishansar Lake Camp (3700m, 5-6 hrs)
Day 04 Free day at Vishansar for acclimatization and side walks (3700m)
Day 05 Trek to Ghadsar Lake Camp (3600m; 5-6hrs)
Day 06. Trek to Satsar (3690m; 4-5hrs)
Day 07 Trek to Gangbal Lake (3552m; 6hrs)
Day 08 Day Trek to Lul Gul Pass (4300m)
Day 09 Trek to Naranag (6hrs) and drive to Srinagar (2hrs)
Day 10. Transfer to airport for flight home
KASHMIR GREAT LAKES TREK
Day 01 Arrive in Srinagar (1650m), transfer to the hotel
Arrive Srinagar airport, transfer to hotel. Relax and acclimatise. Free at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02 Drive to Sonamarg and trek to Nichinai (3550m) 5 hrs
Kashmir Great Lakes trek starts from Sonamarg – the famous tourist place in Kashmir. The first day of Kashmir Great Lakes Trek ascends towards Nichnai via tabletop. The tabletop is a small meadow with three sides covered with and towards one side giving a panoramic view of the entire Sonamarg area and the Thajwas mountain range. Behold the alluring peaks of this range from the tabletop. The campsite at Nichnai is a valley of flowers with a water stream running beside it. Overnight Camp.
Day 03 Trek Nichinai to Vishansar Lake Camp (3700m) 5-6 hrs
Today one goes over Nichnai pass – a high altitude pass that gives you a wide view of the valleys down. Over the Nichnai pass, you will be trekking towards the next campsite at Vishansar valley. This valley is famous for its twin lakes – Vishansar and Kishansar lakes. The lakes are full of trout fish. You will see the fish dancing in the lakes and the river stream that comes out of these lakes. Overnight Camp.
Day 04 Free day at Vishansar for acclimatization and sidewalks.
Free day for acclimatization where you can do sidewalks to explore the lakes. Overnight Camp.
Day 05 Trek Vishansar to Ghadsar Lake Camp (3600m) 5-6 hrs
Today is the toughest of all days in this trek. You will be ascending the Gadsar pass which is the highest point of this trek. The pass stands at an altitude of around 4200m. At the pass, enjoy the wider view of the twin lakes and two valleys – Gadsar valley and Vishansar valley. The ascent to Gadsar pass is followed by equally sharp descent and then a long walk in the lush meadows of Gadsar valley. The valley is most famous for its wildflowers of varied colors and sizes. Walking amid these flowers is truly a heavenly walk.
On the way, one sees, towards the left of the trail, a quaint Gadsar lake. This lake is small and yet breathtakingly beautiful. Away from the litter and noise, this lake is clean and turquoise in color. Immediately after the lake, you will have your campsite beside the river stream. Overnight Camp.
Day 06 Trek Ghadsar to Satsar (3690m) 4-5 hrs
Today is the easiest day of the trek. The day is mostly a meadow walk in the Satsar valley. There are seven lakes in this valley, and you will be able to see some of the best lakes in this valley. The day is spent in a delightful walk without any sharp ascent or descent.. Overnight Camp.
Day 07 Trek Satsar to Gangbal Lake (3552m) 6 hrs
Today of the trek is when you will have to ascend Zajibal Pass. This is a tiring ascent and equally tiring descent. The trail goes over a boulder and rocky section just before the pass. At the pass, you get the fantastic view of the twin lakes of Gangabal Valley. Enjoy the view here and it is best for your lunch break. The campsite of this day is one of the picturesque in the Gangabal valley. The twin lakes – Nundkol & Gangabal lakes- are in the vicinity. The entire valley is just amazing with wavy meadows and the towering peak of Mount Harmukh. Your campsite is just in the vicinity of Harmukh and Nundkol lake. Overnight Camp.
Day 08 At Gangbal Lake. Hike up to Lul Gul Pass
A full day visit to Lul Gul pass where from you can see beautiful view of Nanga Parbat. Overnight Camp.
Day 09 Trek Gangbal to Naranag 6 hrs & drive 2 hrs to Srinagar
An easy walk in the wavy meadows of Trunkhol. After the meadow, the trail enters the jungle and gets down with a heavy steepness. This is the toughest steep descent of the trek and is quite heavy on your knees and ankles. This descent in jungle walk should be manoeuvred carefully. The day and the trek finish in Naranag village before meet drive to Srinagar. Overnight hotel.
Day 10 : Transfer to the airport, fly back home
Day is free at leisure before check out hotel and transfer to airport for flight home.
Kindly note that we and the local guide reserve the rights to make decision, in your best interests or in the best interests of the group participating in the trek. In the event of cancellation of activity beyond our control such as adverse weather conditions and other similar conditions that compromises the safety of your group and the guide, no form of compensation will be given.
LAND Price per person in SGD: $ 1780
Tour Code: IND-KGL-10
Price is subjected to changes without prior notice
A deposit of S$ 800 per person is required upon confirmation and the balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to the departure date. Non-payment by required date may result in the cancellation of your booking and subjected to cancellation charges.
LAND Price includes
- Airport arrival and departure transfers
- Twin-sharing accommodation for 2 nights in Srinagar in a 3 star hotel
- Twin-sharing accommodation in tents with foam sleeping mats for 8 nights on the trek
- Full board camping arrangements on the trek with a kitchen tent, mess tent, tables, stools, and toilet tents
- All meals starting from dinner on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 10 (except any meals during the drives, if any)
- Mules for porterage of personal and group luggage
- All trekking arrangements with an experienced guide, and support staff
- All permits
- Includes local Service tax & Clean India Cess
- Briefing prior departure
- 15% discount for gears at X-Boundaries
- All airfare & taxes
- Personal gears such as sleeping bag (available at a rental of SGD 40 per bag for the whole trek)
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, beverages, cigarettes, camera fee
- Travel Insurance
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Visa and Visa application fees
If it becomes necessary to cancel your trip, you must notify the office immediately in writing. The below terms would be applicable.
To factor in the extra-ordinary circumstances that we live in right now, we have amended our cancellation policy to allow customers to easily make changes to their plans if required and have the assurance that their money is protected.
Please note that the following charges will apply on cancellation:
• Cancel more than 45 days prior to departure, we will refund the entire amount received by us less service fees of SGD 80.
• Cancel between 31-44 days prior to departure, 25% of the trip cost as cancellation fees applied.
• Cancel 21-30 days prior to departure, we will charge a 50% cancellation fee and hold the remaining 50% as credit towards a future trip in India taken within 1 year from the date of cancellation.
• Less than 21 days – the entire amount would be forfeited.
• If the cancellation is due to you having COVID-19/ “flu-like symptoms”, supported by a medical certificate OR due to any travel restrictions imposed by the national or local government we will hold the entire amount paid by you as a credit for a future trip in India. Sometimes last-minute cancellations could attract cancellation fees for third-party arrangements like air, train, or bus tickets; hotels; permit fees, processing fee, etc. Such cancellation charges if any would be borne by the customers.
The tour price is quoted as a package. No partial refunds or credit will be given for services not used. We recommend that you obtain cancellation travel insurance upon booking. If you can replace your spot by getting someone else to take that seat cancellation charges would be waived completely.
Please note that these cancellation terms may be amended from time to time.
Date: 4-11 Jun 2023
The Tarsar Lake Trek is a shorter version of popular Tarsar Marsar twin-lakes trek. The trek takes you through some of the most beautiful alpine lakes, high altitude meadows, and breathtaking landscapes that the Himalayas has to offer. The trail which starts from Aru in the Pahalgam valley to the east of Srinagar, passes through pristine mountain terrain of the Kashmir Himalaya, offering stunning views of snow-capped mountains, deep valleys, and lush green forests. The main highlight is the sight of Tarsar lake from various up-close, a glittering high altitude lake which changes its shade from anything from turquoise blue to emerald green.