Khangchendzonga Round Trek
The Golden Peak! The first rays of sun illuminating Khangchendzonga(8586m), the 3rd highest Mountain in the World.
Lam Pokhari at 4200m . The surrounding area has many holy lakes
Campsite next to Lam Pokhari - one of the best campsites on the trek.
Porters descending from Dafeybir
Samiti Lake above Lamunae
Lamunae Camp. The Base Camp for Goechala
KHANGCHENDZONGA ROUND TREK
Region India, Sikkim & Darjeeling
Max Alitude 4984m
Date: 22 Oct – 5 Nov 2023
Opened as recently as the year 2000, this trail is not much frequented by trekkers and is easily one of the finest treks in the Indian Himalaya. The complete isolation we experience between Chiwabhanjang and Dzongri with magnificent high mountain views all along makes this trek an absolute classic. We also get to interact with Yak herders with their huge herds who spend the months between April and Oct in these grazing grounds. Most of the walk is on the ridge or close to it, the ridge forming the border between India and Nepal. We camp some days in Nepal in the beginning and most days in India. There are sections of narrow paths, ups and downs and some scree walking but for the most part, the trail is good used mainly by yak herders in Sikkim and Nepal. We start from a small, picturesque village of Uttarey and walk through dense forests for 2 days passing some Indian Army Posts till we reach Chiwabhanjang. After that we are mostly above the tree line, walking on the ridge with fantastic views on both sides and the snow mountains towering in the distance. Beyond Parey Megu we pass several pristine high altitude lakes which are revered by the locals. We cross unnamed passes regularly with one of note- DafeyBir which is normally very misty and has a steep descent all the way to the river after it. We hit the most popular trail of West Sikkim, the Yuksom-Dzongri-Goechala trail at Dzongri from where we trek on to Goecha-la (4960m), the highest point on this trail from where we actually have to crane our head to look at Khangchendzonga which is just 9km away as the crow flies. Over the next two days we descend to Yuksom, the erstwhile capital of Sikkim where the first king of Sikkim was enthroned and also has a stone Coronation throne. Easily a classic trek due to the variety in terrain, isolation and for absolutely lovely views of Khangchendzonga, its crowning glory!
Day 01: Arrive Bagdogra. Drive to Kalimpong
Day 02: Drive to Uttarey & trek to Chitre (2680m) – (7 hrs drive & 4hrs trek)
Day 03: Trek to Chiwabhanjang (3150m) 2-3 hrs. Acclimatisation day
Day 04: Trek to Dhor (3700m) 7-8hrs
Day 05: Trek to Pharey Megu (3920m) 5-6hrs
Day 06: Trek to Lam Pokhari (4200m) 3-4hrs
Day 07: Trek to Yangseb (4300m) 6-7hrs
Day 08: Trek to Pangding (4275m) 5 hrs
Day 09: Trek to Dzongri (4000m) 4-5hrs
Day 10: Rest day in Dzongri
Day 11: Trek to Lamuney (4150m) 5-6hrs
Day 12: Trek to Goecha La (4800m) & return to Thangsing (3930m) 8-10 hrs
Day 13: Trek to Tshoka (2900m) 5 hrs
Day 14: Trek to Yuksom (1750m) 5 hrs
Day 15: Drive to Bagdogra and Depart
LAND Price per person in SGD: $ 2750
Tour Code: IND-KRT-15
Price is subjected to changes without prior notice
SIN-Kolkata-SIN: From S$ 650 including taxes
Kolkata–Bagdogra-Kolkata: about S$ 150 including taxes
LAND Price includes
- All travel from Bagdogra airport and back to Bagdogra airport by road (by non AC car)
- 04 nights hotel accommodation on full board (1 in Pelling & Yuksom. 2 in Darjeeling)
- All arrangements for staying while on the trip, accommodation on twin share basis in lodges/tea-houses
- Sanctuary fee / royalty / permits where applicable
- All trekking arrangements – experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook, etc
- Includes local Service tax & Clean India Cess
- Briefing prior departure
- 15% discount for gears at X-Boundaries
- All airfare & taxes
- Personal gears such as sleeping bag
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, beverages, cigarettes, camera fee
- Travel Insurance
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Visa and Visa application fees
If it becomes necessary to cancel your trip, you must notify the office immediately in writing. The below terms would be applicable.
To factor in the extra-ordinary circumstances that we live in right now, we have amended our cancellation policy to allow customers to easily make changes to their plans if required and have the assurance that their money is protected.
Please note that the following charges will apply on cancellation:
• Cancel more than 45 days prior to departure, we will refund the entire amount received by us less service fees of SGD 80.
• Cancel between 31-44 days prior to departure, 25% of the trip cost as cancellation fees applied.
• Cancel 21-30 days prior to departure, we will charge a 50% cancellation fee and hold the remaining 50% as credit towards a future trip in India taken within 1 year from the date of cancellation.
• Less than 21 days – the entire amount would be forfeited.
• If the cancellation is due to you having COVID-19/ “flu-like symptoms”, supported by a medical certificate OR due to any travel restrictions imposed by the national or local government we will hold the entire amount paid by you as a credit for a future trip in India. Sometimes last-minute cancellations could attract cancellation fees for third-party arrangements like air, train, or bus tickets; hotels; permit fees, processing fee, etc. Such cancellation charges if any would be borne by the customers.
The tour price is quoted as a package. No partial refunds or credit will be given for services not used. We recommend that you obtain cancellation travel insurance upon booking. If you can replace your spot by getting someone else to take that seat cancellation charges would be waived completely.
Please note that these cancellation terms may be amended from time to time.
You may also like
Date: 3-10 Jun 23
The Tarsar Marsar Trek is a popular trekking route in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. The trek takes you through some of the most beautiful alpine lakes, high altitude meadows, and breathtaking landscapes that the Himalayas has to offer. The trail which starts from Aru in the Pahalgam valley to the east of Srinagar, passes through pristine mountain terrain of the Kashmir Himalaya, offering stunning views of snow-capped mountains, deep valleys, and lush green forests. We pass through three magnificent lakes on this trek – Tarsar, Sundersar and Marsar – each of them glittering in various shades of blue and green, which is a treat to the eyes; and hiking beside them a soothing experience for the soul.