18 Days Manaslu Trek in Nepal
Opened for trekking activities since 1992, the quiet trail and simple villages, together with the stunning scenery, Manaslu trek is one of the classic yet unspoilt trekking adventures in the Himalaya. The crossing of Larkya La (5160m) pass, one of the highest Himalayan valleys, is a major highlight which offers remarkable panoramas of Manaslu, Himal Chuli (7893m), Himlung (7126m) and Cheo Himal (6820m).
- 360 degree view of Himalayas including Manaslu
- Experience well preserved authentic Tibetan culture of Nubri and Tsum people
- Cross Larkya La pass at 5160m
- Visit Mu Gompa in Tsum Valley
- Trek through Manaslu Conservation Area
WHAT TO EXPECT
Due to greater logistics requirements, this area is less touristic than the other popular trekking regions in Nepal. You will drive to Sotikhola and start ascending the impressive gorge of the Budhi Gandaki for a week then you will pass by tiny villages and enter to the world of Tibetan.
You will see the number of the high Himalayas around Nepal-Tibet border and the sceneries turn into even more impressive as you enter into alpine environment on the approach to the Larkya La (5135m), with big peaks on all sides. The principal peaks that we will see on this first part of our trek are Himal Chuli, Manaslu, Cheo Himal and Himlung Himal. Beyond the Larkya La, you will drop down into the heavily forested valley of the Marsyangdi River, where you will be trekking beneath the giants of the Annapurna range, following the river down to a meeting with the road head at Ngadi where your trekking will be completed.
Date: 03-20 Nov 2019
Name of the trek: Manaslu Lyarke pass
Group Size: Min – 15 for above date. Can customise for min 2 pax on private group
Maximum altitude: 5200m.
Grade Info: Moderate/ Strenuous.
Season: September to late December and February to late June.
Transportation: By bus/Jeep
Total Days: 18 Days
Walking Hour: Approximately 6-7 hours each day.
Highlights: Gorkha Bazar, Larkya pass, Tal, Bahun Dada view, Beshi shahar.
Starting /Ending Point: Arughat/Beshi Sashar
- All accommodation in hotel on twin share basis in Kathmandu (Hotel Blue Horizon or similar) and teahouse during trek
- All meals as per itinerary
- 1 Singapore Trek Leader
- English speaking guide and 1 porter for every 2 trekkers during trek
- Complete trekking arrangement (Trek permit, National Park Fees, wages for porter & guide, insurance for Guide/porters, trek registration cert)
- Sleeping bag rental in Kathmandu
- Briefing prior departure
- 15% discount for gears at X-Boundaries
- All international airfare & taxes
- Personal gears & expenses
- Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
- Beverages and any expenditure of personal nature
- Bottled water or boiled water during trek
- Meals not stated
- Visa (USD 30)
- Other activities such as ziplining