9 Days Mt Kilimanjaro Rongai Route
Mt Kilimanjaro Trek (Rongai Route)
Max Alitude 5895m
Trip Summary 7 days on the Mountain
Best Season Jan, Feb & Sep (Best time to go) Jun-Aug, Oct and Dec (Still good to go)
THIS IS a rarely used ROUTE but it offers spectacular views over Maasai plains of Kenya.
Day 01: Kilimanjaro International Airport/ Nairobi International Airport to Arusha
Day 02: Drive Arusha to Nare Moru Village (1981m). Hike to Simba Campsite (2713m, 4hrs)
Day 03: Hike to Kikelwa Camp (3597m, 6-7 hrs)
Day 04: Hike to Mawenzi Tarn (4313m, 4-5 hrs)
Day 05: Hike to Kibo campsite (4572m, 5 hrs)
Day 06: Hike Summit (5895m, 6~7hrs), then descend to Kibo Campsite
Day 07: Descend to Horombo Hut (3658m, 5hrs)
Day 08: Hike to Marangu gate (5~6hrs), transfer to Arusha
Day 09: Transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport or Nairobi Airport
09 Days Mt Kilimanjaro Rongai Route
Day 1 Arrival
Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport.
You’ll be met upon arrival and transferred to your hotel in Arusha: Planet Lodge
Day 2 Arusha to Nare Moru Village (1981m) to Simba Campsite (2713m, 4hrs) ~ (BLD)
After breakfast, we drive to Nare Moru Village where the trek starts. From there we walk through the cultivated land and pine forest on the way to Simba Campsite where we camp.
Day 3 Hike to Kikelwa Camp (3597m, 6-7 hrs) ~ (BLD)
Today we continue the hike via Second Cave to Kikelwa Camp. This trek offers impressive views of Kibo and the eastern ice fields on the rim of the crater. We carry on to Kikelwa Camp, (11,800 ft) where we camp
Day 4 Hike to Mawenzi Tarn (4313m, 4-5 hrs) ~ (BLD)
After breakfast we leave for Mawenzi Tarn. We spend the afternoon exploring the surrounding area which will help us to acclimatize; and camp for the night
Day 5 Hike to Kibo campsite (4572m, 5 hrs) ~ (BLD)
After breakfast, we cross the lunar desert of the ‘Saddle’ between Mawenzi and Kibo to reach Kibo campsite at the bottom of the Kibo crater wall. The remainder of the day is spent resting in preparation for the final ascent
Day 6 Hike Summit (5895m, 6~7hrs), then descend to Kibo Hut ~ (BLD)
Up early, we start for the summit scree up to Gilman’s Point, which is on the crater rim. From there we go on to Uhuru Peak and then descend to Kibo Hut for rest
Day 7 Descend to Horombo Hut (3658m, 5hrs)~ (BLD)
After a good break, we descend to Horombo Hut and camp there.
Day 8 Marangu Gate, transfer to Arusha ~ (BL)
After breakfast, we descend further to Marangu Gate. A waiting car will take you to Planet Lodge
Day 9 Departure Kilimanjaro Airport or Nairobi Airport~ (B)
Transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport or Nairobi Airport by Scheduled riverside bus shuttle, or proceed onto a safari with us!
Tour Code: ATZ-KR_08/09 (Rongai Route)
LAND Price per person in SGD:
8 Days Price : $ 3980
9 Days Price : $ 4370
Day trip to Arusha National Park for a game drive and hiking with additional night in Arusha : S$ 350
Single supplement in hotel : S$ 100
Price is subjected to changes without prior notice
Airfare: SIN-Nairobi-SIN: From S$ 1600 including taxes
A deposit of S$ 1500 per person is required upon confirmation and the balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to the departure date. Non-payment by required date may result in the cancellation of your booking and subjected to cancellation charges.
LAND Price includes
- Return scheduled riverside bus shuttle: Nairobi-Arusha-Nairobi OR airport transfer Kilimanjaro Airport – Arusha – Kilimanjaro Airport
- Transport from the hotel to the mountain and back to the hotel
- 2 Nights twin share at Arusha Planet Lodge
- Accommodation in mountain huts or mountain tents with mattresses; we use the highest quality of expedition tents by Eureka or Mountain Hardware.
- Meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- All park fees, including mountain rescue fees, government taxes, and all applicable fees and taxes
- Services of a professional leading guide who is medically trained, certified, licensed, and English speaking
- Dining tent on the trek for meals
- Services of English-speaking assistant guide(s), a skilled cook, and enough porters for a guest’s luggage, food, water, and dinning tent
- Use of radios/phones to increase your safety
- Briefing prior departure
- 15% discount for travel gears at X-Boundaries, Montbell & Ice-Breaker
- All airfares, Airport taxes and fuel surcharge
- Expenses of personal nature
- Visa fees if applicable
- Tips to porters, guides and cook (recommended in USD, Cash)
- Climbing gears (can be rented on arrival)
- Medical Equipment, which can be rented well in advance for the following costs: U$250/group for hyperbaric chamber, U$210/group for an emergency Oxygen cylinder and U$140/group for a stretcher. Please note these prices include a porter to carry the equipment.
- Portable toilets: If you do not want to use public toilets which some of climbers have been complaining about being dirty, then add U$110/person (or U$180/group) for a portable toilet. Kindly, let us know at the time you make a booking and not afterwards.
- Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
– The pack that the porters carry is limited to 15kgs
– Overweight or extra luggage will require an extra porter at US$10/bag/day.
– You can leave extra luggage in Hotel in Arusha or at our local office (do not leave any valuables like cash, jewellery, electronics, etc)