9 Days Nubra Valley Trek
NUBRA VALLEY TREK
MAX GROUP SIZE 12
MAX ALTITUDE 5400m
Grading Moderate Trek
Tour Code: IND-NV-09
Date: 9 – 27 Aug 23, 09 – 17 Sep 23
Once served as a transit area for traders on the silk route, Nubra Valley, is now a must visit place for any trekker. With its sand dunes to double humped camels and from extravagant river valleys to its lush green barley fields, it is truly a delight to every eye. Driving across the Khardungla, highest motorable pass our route takes us to the heart of the Nubra valley, Hundar, near to the Diskit monastery from where we start our trek. Walking through breathtaking gorges and large meadows of the Nubra valley, our trek passes through Lasermo La (5400m), an eternally snow bound pass connecting Nubra and Indus Valleys.
Day 02: Visit Leh palace, the Shey/Thiksey gompas
Day 03: Drive & trek to Hundar Dok (4010m) via Khardungla (6 hour drive, 3-4hrs hike)
Day 04: Trek to Sumdo Dok (4400m) 4-5 hrs
Day 05: Trek to Thanglasgo valley (4500m) 5-6 hrs
Day 06: Trek to Lasermo La base (4800m) 5-6 hrs
Day 07: Trek to Lasermo La (5400m) and descend to Phyang Phu (4620m) 6-7 hrs
Day 08: Trek to Morobuk and drive to Leh 4-5 hrs trek and 40mins drive.
Day 09: Fly out
NUBRA VALLEY TREK
Day 1: Fly Delhi – Leh (3500m)
The flight takes us over the Greater Himalayas and makes an exciting landing at one of the highest airports in the world. Transfer to hotel. Rest & acclimatise. Overnight at hotel.
Day 2: Sightseeing In Leh (3500m)
Visit the famous monasteries of Shey & Thiksey. Back to hotel for lunch. Overnight at hotel.
Day 3: Drive to road-head via Khardungla (6hrs) and trek to Hunder Dok (4010m) 3-4 hrs
A 4 hour long but beautiful drive across the Khardungla, the highest motor-able pass leads us to Hundar, a small village in the heart of picturesque Nubra valley. Hundar offers a quiet and spectacular view of the Nubra valley and is the start of our Nubra Valley Trek. Now there is a road being constructed to Hundar Dok. We drive till Skarchen and then walk along the Hundar River on the side opposite to where the road work is going on. and walking on the road which is being paved beside the river. Hundar Dok is almost a hidden village and nobody would realize that such a big village could exist somewhere inside when you start trekking. The narrow Nubra gorge just opens up to this massive village with farmfields of barley, wheat and potatoes. There is a path that runs through the middle of the village dividing the village and the farmfields into 2 halves. Overnight Camp.
Day 4: Trek Hunder Dok to Sumdo Dok (4400m) 4-5 hrs
Today we trek along the Thanglasgo river and pass through wide open valleys and meadows. We camp at the junction of Sniu and Thanlasgo Valley. Its a very pretty campsite. Overnight Camp.
Day 5: Trek Sumdo dok to Thanglasgo valley (4500m) 5-6 hrs/strong>
Today we follow a small stream in the Thanglasgo valley we gradually climb up to the Thanglasgo, our destination for the day. Thanglasgo also serves as the grazing grounds for all the cattle(Yak, Sheep, Goat) from Hundar Dok and Wachan. There are 2 big Shepherd’s settlements here. We camp a little ahead of these settlements. Overnight Camp.
Day 6: Trek Thanglasgo to Lasermo La base (4800m) 5-6 hrs
The trail to Lasermo La base starts with following a small stream. The trail passes through large meadows gradually gaining altitude and is very well defined. There are a few lakes too which have been formed by the water draining from the glacier. Yaks and Dzos can be seen grazing around. On reaching the base camp of the Lasermo La we get spectacular views of the eternally snow bound Lasermo La pass. Overnight Camp.
Day 7: Trek to Lasermo La (5400m) and descend to Phyang Phu (4620m) 6-7 hrs
We make an early start so that we walk on had snow and try to cross the pass before the sun starts thawing it. As the sun warms up, the snow loosens and the horses sink in. Starting early morning we climb up gradually crossing the moraine and reach the snow line. From then on it is walking on snow till the top of the Lasermo La. The Pass offers a spectacular view of the Karakoram mountains and the Ladakh and Zanskar ranges. From the pass, we descend to the south base of the Lasermo La. The south base is naked without any snow on the surface. Laser Overnight Camp.
Day 8: Trek to Morobuk and drive to Leh 4-5 hrs trek and 40mins drive.
On the final day of the trek we descend to Morobuk accompanied by wonderful views of the Stok Range and later drive back to Leh. Overnight Hotel.
Day 9: Fly out
Early morning transfer to Leh airport for Leh-Delhi flight.
LAND Price per person in SGD: $ 1480
Tour Code: IND-NV-09
Price is subjected to changes without prior notice
Airfare: SIN-Leh-SIN: From S$ 800 including taxes
1. Single Room in Leh during the trip can be booked at an additional cost of $ 240.
2. Single Tent for all camping nights can be arranged at an additional cost of $ 110.
3. Personal Porter to carry your day-pack during the trek can be arranged at $ 180.
A deposit of S$ 800 per person is required upon confirmation and the balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to the departure date. Non-payment by required date may result in the cancellation of your booking and subjected to cancellation charges.
LAND Price includes
- Twin Share accommodation for 03 nights at ‘A” category hotels in Leh on Full board
- Twin Share accommodation in tents with foam sleeping pads for 05 nights on the mountain
- All meals on the trip
- Monastery Entry fees, Camping fees & permits
- Full board camping arrangements on the mountain with a large mess tent, tables & stools
- Local Trip Leader assisted by certified, experienced, English-speaking guides
- Mules for porterage of personal and group luggage
- All Transport as per the itinerary above
- Includes local Service tax & Clean India Cess
- Briefing prior departure
- 15% discount for gears at X-Boundaries
- All airfare & taxes
- Personal gears such as sleeping bag
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, beverages, cigarettes, camera fee
- Travel Insurance
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Visa and Visa application fees
If it becomes necessary to cancel your trip, you must notify the office immediately in writing. The below terms would be applicable.
To factor in the extra-ordinary circumstances that we live in right now, we have amended our cancellation policy to allow customers to easily make changes to their plans if required and have the assurance that their money is protected.
If you notify us about the change in your travel plans at least 21 days before departure date, you can transfer your entire deposit to a different departure in India without any charge.
Please note that the following charges will apply on cancellation:
• If you have paid us a deposit and cancel more than 30 days prior to departure,we will refund the entire amount received by us less service fees of SGD 80.
• If you have paid us a deposit and cancel more than 21 days prior to departure,we will hold the entire amount as a credit towards a future trip in India. You can also transfer it as a deposit for any other departure in India you might want to join at a later date.
• If you have paid in full and cancel 21 days or less prior to departure, we will charge a 50% cancellation fee and hold the remaining 50% as credit towards a future trip in India taken within 1 year from the date of cancellation.
• If the cancellation is due to you having COVID-19/ “flu-like symptoms”, supported by a medical certificate OR due to any travel restrictions imposed by the national or local government we will hold the entire amount paid by you as a credit for a future trip in India. Sometimes last-minute cancellations could attract cancellation fees for third-party arrangements like air, train, or bus tickets; hotels; permit fees, processing fee, etc. Such cancellation charges if any would be borne by the customers.
The tour price is quoted as a package. No partial refunds or credit will be given for services not used. We recommend that you obtain cancellation travel insurance upon booking. If you can replace your spot by getting someone else to take that seat cancellation charges would be waived completely.
Please note that these cancellation terms may be amended from time to time.
You May Like These
Hampta Pass is one of the most delightful treks in the Manali region. Deo Tibba at 6001m is a popular peak in the eastern Pir Panjal Range and Hampta Pass (4270m) used to be the traditional route between Kullu and Lahaul valleys. This trek takes us over the majestic foothills of the Himalayas, the Pir Panjal Range, crossing at Hampta Pass (4270m) to reach remote Lahaul – an isolated district of Himachal Pradesh. The barren landscape in the upper regions and the green valleys below make the trail awe-inspiring. Hampta pass offers scenic views of lush green valleys, towering snow-clad mountains, and hills.