Panpatia Col Trek
Panpatia Col Trek
Grade Technical Trek
Max Altitude 5260m
Date 19 May – 31 May 2023
Between two of the most haloed pilgrimage sites in the Himalayas lies a land that nurtures a legend worthy of difficult discovery and extreme exploration. A tale that has drawn feted explorers of the like of Meade, Shipton and Tilman, Martin Moran, Harish Kapadia, and countless other intrepid souls.They were all drawn by the lore that a priest from Badrinath would trek to Kedarnath in a day. The explorations, which began as early as 1934, have mostly come a cropper, with weather, terrain and nerves beating each party back. The prize of the exploration is the crossing of the Panpatia col, a pass that hides its approach within drifts of moraines, crevasses and massive icefalls. But a route across it exists, and we know that from the many reports submitted by the mountaineers, and the final successful crossing by a duo from West Bengal, in 2007. After extensive research and reading, and fresh from the successful crossing of this legendary route, we at White Magic are ready to open a once-hidden expanse of the Himalaya to the inquisitive of mind and sturdy of heart. Join us as we unravel the mythical Panpatia col bit by alluring bit.
Day 01: Arrive Dehradun airport by the afternoon and transfer to Rudraprayag (5hrs)
Day 02: Drive to Khirao road head (5hrs) and trek 3hrs to Khirao village.
Day 03: Trek to Shepherd camp.
Day 04: Trek to Snout camp.
Day 05: Trek to Moraine Camp (4300m)
Day 06: Rest & acclimatize (4300m)
Day 07: Trek to the base of Parvati Col
Day 08: Trek to Panpatia Snowfield
Day 09: Across Panpatia Col (5260m), camp at Sujal Sarovar (4750m)
Day 10: Trek to Kachni
Day 11: Trek to Nanu chatti
Day 12: Trek to Ransi & drive to Rudraprayag
Day 13: Trek to Ransi & drive to Chopta
Day 14: Drive to Dehradun airport & fly back home.
LAND Price per person in SGD: $ 3280
Tour Code: IND-PC-15
Price is subjected to changes without prior notice
Airfare SIN-Delhi-Leh-Delhi-SIN: From S$ 950 including taxes
A deposit of S$ 1200 per person is required upon confirmation and the balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to the departure date. Non-payment by required date may result in the cancellation of your booking and subjected to cancellation charges.
LAND Price includes
- All travel from Delhi and back to Delhi by road/ rail / air as applicable (by non ac car / 2 or 3 tier ac coach)
- All arrangements for overnight stay while on the trip
- Accommodation on twin share basis in tents / rest houses / hotels
- All group climbing gear like ropes, anchors, slings etc. and individual climbing kit which would be hired – e.g. climbing boots, ice-axes, crampons and gaiters
- All meals, tea/coffee and snacks
- Professional guide fees, permit fees, sanctuary fee / royalty where applicable
- All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff, cook etc.
- Includes local Service tax & Clean India Cess
- Briefing prior departure
- 15% discount for gears at X-Boundaries
- All airfare & taxes
- Railway station / airport transfers in Delhi
- Personal gears such as sleeping bag
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, beverages, cigarettes, camera fee
- Travel Insurance
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Visa and Visa application fees
If it becomes necessary to cancel your trip, you must notify the office immediately in writing. The below terms would be applicable.
To factor in the extra-ordinary circumstances that we live in right now, we have amended our cancellation policy to allow customers to easily make changes to their plans if required and have the assurance that their money is protected.
Please note that the following charges will apply on cancellation:
• Cancel more than 45 days prior to departure, we will refund the entire amount received by us less service fees of SGD 80.
• Cancel between 31-44 days prior to departure, 25% of the trip cost as cancellation fees applied.
• Cancel 21-30 days prior to departure, we will charge a 50% cancellation fee and hold the remaining 50% as credit towards a future trip in India taken within 1 year from the date of cancellation.
• Less than 21 days – the entire amount would be forfeited.
• If the cancellation is due to you having COVID-19/ “flu-like symptoms”, supported by a medical certificate OR due to any travel restrictions imposed by the national or local government we will hold the entire amount paid by you as a credit for a future trip in India. Sometimes last-minute cancellations could attract cancellation fees for third-party arrangements like air, train, or bus tickets; hotels; permit fees, processing fee, etc. Such cancellation charges if any would be borne by the customers.
The tour price is quoted as a package. No partial refunds or credit will be given for services not used. We recommend that you obtain cancellation travel insurance upon booking. If you can replace your spot by getting someone else to take that seat cancellation charges would be waived completely.
Please note that these cancellation terms may be amended from time to time.
You may also like
Dae: 9 – 27 Aug 23, 09 – 17 Sep 23
Once served as a transit area for traders on the silk route, Nubra Valley, is now a must visit place for any trekker. With its sand dunes to double humped camels and from extravagant river valleys to its lush green barley fields, it is truly a delight to every eye. Driving across the Khardungla, highest motorable pass our route takes us to the heart of the Nubra valley, Hundar, near to the Diskit monastery from where we start our trek. Walking through breathtaking gorges and large meadows of the Nubra valley, our trek passes through Lasermo La (5400m), an eternally snow bound pass connecting Nubra and Indus Valleys.
Date: 24 Jun – 1 Jul 23, 22 – 29 Jul 23, 05 – 12 Aug 23, 02 – 9 Sep 23
One of the most popular treks in Ladakh – it is a perfect combination of beautiful trans-himalayan landscape with ladakhi villages. There are good chances to spot some high altitude wildlife as well as experience the life of nomadic families as they herd their yaks in these big and beautiful valleys.