A heritage hike as we trace the path from Commonwealth MRT to Queenstown MRT. Discover something new and interesting on the ‘Off-The-Beaten track’ as we visit a WWII Bunker in a forest, see the development of the Old Queenstown vs the New Queenstown and enjoy a nice meal in a neighbourhood cafe.
1. Old world charm of neighbourhood at Commonwealth Drive to Tea Garden
2. Forest Hike to explore WWII bunker
3. Aerial & sunset views at Queenstown
Location: Commonwealth MRT – Queenstown MRT
Departs: Every Tuesday (3.30pm) and Fridays (3.30pm) of the week
Distance walk: About 8-12 km
Not suitable for young children. Please come prepared for muddy and steep terrain.
Join-In Date: 18 Jan 2022
Tour Schedule: This tour is available on every Tuesday & Friday
Total: 4 hour(s) and 0 minute(s)
15:30 Meeting at Commonwealth MRT Exit B
Walk to The First Flatted Factory, Hawker Centre for its local delicacies, VIP Block, Tea Garden
17:00 Forest Hike to explore WWII bunkers
17:30 Enjoy set dinner in a local cafe
19:00 Enjoy aerial and sunset views at Queenstown
19:30 Drop-off Queenstown MRT
The schedule is subject to change depending on traffic and weather conditions on your activity date
Participants must be aged 14+ to participate in this activity.
Group size: 4-8 participant(s)
For young children, please check with us to seek eligibility.
Tour Code: SG-HESQ
Cost per person in SGD
Without meal: 40
With meal: 70
- 1 English-speaking tour guide or tour leader (for local residents)
- Mask per person
- 3-hours walking tour
- Option for meal
Not Inclusive Of
- Other personal expenses
- Tipping for guide
- Go light as the start point and ending point are different
- Coin lockers are not available near the meeting point for storage
- No large suitcases as you will need to carry them on the walk
- Drones not recommended as most area in the walk is under Protected Area
- Avoid alcohol before and on the walk
- All guests must be able to walk at least 10km
- This tour is not recommended for expectant mothers and disabled guests, take extra care when bringing children as they will have to walk for most of the time
- Trail maybe muddy and slippery.
- Expect some steep trail
- You have read and understood the Safe Management Measurements for tours in Singapore
- You will complete the travel & health declaration within 2 days of the event Registration of event online
- Registration of event online
What to Bring
Caps or hats
1.5L of water
A good pair of walking shoes
Umbrella/ Poncho/ Raincoat
Personal ear-piece for audio
Change of attire if you like to change into dry clothing during meal time/ after the tour
A light shoe/ sandals if you like to change during meal time/ after the tour
Personal simple first aid kit like plasters, personal medications.
Meet Up Information
Be at the meet up location 10 minutes before the scheduled activity time
Please arrive on time
No refunds will be issued for late arrivals and/or no-shows once the activity starts
Guide will be holding X-Trekkers placard
Commonwealth MRT Exit
By joining this event, you are agreeing on the below
- You join this event at your own risk and you are solely responsible for your own health and safety. X-Trekkers will not be held liable for any injury or death arising from participating in this event or for any loss of or damage to your property occurring in the course of this event.
- Excluding our tour guide/ X-Trekkers staff, the minimum participant per group is 4 pax and the maximum participant per group is 8 pax. If the minimum group size is not meet, X-Trekkers has the right to reschedule the event to an alternative date, as best as possible.
- Photos or videos may be taken by X-Trekkers or other participants that may contain or feature you. You give your permission for materials (e.g. photographs) resulted from this event to be used by X-Trekkers in their promotion, underwriting, public relations materials (e.g. website, brochure, social media, newspaper, etc) to develop their programmes and services. The resulting materials will be the property of the company.
- Strictly non-refunable and no cancellation
- X-Trekkers has the right to use our tour leader if all the participants are local residents.
- If the event is cancelled due to circumstances beyond X-Trekkers’s control (such as thunder storm), including, but not limited to, force majeure events, X-Trekkers will strive to arrange for an alternative date for your consideration, as best as possible.