SG Keppel Forest to Southern Ridges Hike
An adventure hike to some hidden trails from Keppel Hill to Kent Ridge Park. Discover something new and interesting on the ‘Off-The-Beaten track’ as we visit a WW2 Bunker, an ancient Japanese Tomb, a forgotten quiet & peaceful Reservoir, etc. with a visit to Bukit Chandu Museum – in a restored colonial bungalow commemorating the Battle of Opium Hill through exhibits & artifacts.
Location: Harbour Front MRT – Keppel Hill – Mt Faber – Henderson Waves – Telok Blangah Hill – Forest Walk – Hort Park – Kent Ridge Park – Kent Ridge MRT
Distance walk: About 12-14 km
Time: About 5 hrs (8am – 1pm)
Not suitable for young children. Please come prepared for steep terrain.
Total: 5 hour(s) and 0 minute(s)
08:00 Meeting at Harbourfront MRT Exit A ~ Adventure Hike to Keppel Hill : WWII Bunker, Japanese Tomb
09:00 Mt Faber : Faber Peak, Viewing Platform
09:30 Henderson Waves
10:00 Telok Blangah Hill, Hill Top Terrace Garden, Forest Walk
10:30 Hort Park
11:30 Bukit Chandu Museum
12:00 Lunch Break @ Kent Ridge Park
13:00 Drop-off Kent Ridge MRT
The schedule is subject to change depending on traffic and weather conditions on your activity date
Participants must be aged 14+ to participate in this activity.
Group size: 4-8 participant(s)
For young children, please check with us to seek eligibility.
Tour Code: SG-KSRKH
Cost per person in SGD: $ 95
- 1 English-speaking tour guide or tour leader (for local residents)
- Mask or souvenir per person
- 5-hours walking tour
- Entrance fees to Bukit Chandu Museum
- mont-bell Risotta Outdoor food ~ 3 mins to cook (Just add water) ~ Choice of flavour: Corn, Curry, Gapao, Garlic, Gomoku, Umeshiso, Salmon Cheese
- mont-bell folding spork
Not Inclusive Of
- Other personal expenses
- Tipping for guide
- Go light as the start point and ending point are different
- Coin lockers are not available near the meeting point for storage
- No large suitcases as you will need to carry them on the walk
- Drones not recommended as most area in the walk is under Protected Area
- Avoid alcohol before and on the walk
- All guests must be able to walk at least 10km
- This tour is not recommended for expectant mothers and disabled guests, take extra care when bringing children as they will have to walk for most of the time
- Trail in Keppel Hill maybe muddy and slippery.
- Expect some steep trail
What to Bring
Caps or hats
1.5L of water
A good pair of walking shoes
Umbrella/ Poncho/ Raincoat
Personal ear-piece for audio
Change of attire if you like to change into dry clothing during dinner time
A light shoe/ sandals if you like to change during dinner time
Personal simple first aid kit like plasters, personal medications.
Meet Up Information
Be at the meet up location 10 minutes before the scheduled activity time
Please arrive on time
No refunds will be issued for late arrivals and/or no-shows once the activity starts
Guide will be holding X-Trekkers placard
Harbourfront MRT (NE1 | CC29) Exit
By joining this event, you are agreeing on the below
- You join this event at your own risk and you are solely responsible for your own health and safety. X-Trekkers will not be held liable for any injury or death arising from participating in this event or for any loss of or damage to your property occurring in the course of this event.
- Excluding our tour guide/ X-Trekkers staff, the minimum participant per group is 4 pax and the maximum participant per group is 8 pax. If the minimum group size is not meet, X-Trekkers has the right to reschedule the event to an alternative date, as best as possible.
- Photos or videos may be taken by X-Trekkers or other participants that may contain or feature you. You give your permission for materials (e.g. photographs) resulted from this event to be used by X-Trekkers in their promotion, underwriting, public relations materials (e.g. website, brochure, social media, newspaper, etc) to develop their programmes and services. The resulting materials will be the property of the company.
- Strictly non-refunable and no cancellation
- X-Trekkers has the right to use our tour leader if all the participants are local residents.
- If the event is cancelled due to circumstances beyond X-Trekkers’s control (such as thunder storm), including, but not limited to, force majeure events, X-Trekkers will strive to arrange for an alternative date for your consideration, as best as possible.
Hallelujah. Thank God that Mr Ching Khee was very patient when I was late . He sent me a map and called to ensure that I could join them at Alexander Arch. I was able to continue the walk and I didn’t missed any part of the walking tour at all. To see a rainbow. It reminds me Genesis 9: 13-16 God says ” I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” The sweaty mask. However it is worth to explore and see the part of Singapore which I haven’t seen and to walk the trails. Thanks for the X -Trekkers sourvenir. appreciated 😊
Exploring new places along the route of the Southern Ridges.
Our guide CK is very competent and knows the area well. He has a good read of our fitness level and paced the trail walk well. Enjoy the tour tremendously and thanks CK for the experience.
Ching Khee is a very knowledgeable guide.
At the top of Mt Faber for the best scenery!
Enjoyed every moment!
The views that we got to see at the various location.