SG Walk The Colonial @ Queestown
Travel back in Time
Looking for greater personalisation and less crowded, off-the-beaten-track for your next socially distanced getaway? Our local walking tours in our neighbourhood – Queenstown and beyond, will be exploring the historical and heritage of Queenstown and beyond, rediscovering Singapore’s colonial heritage and nature attractions.
Enjoy our Historical Heritage & Guided Tour NOW and experience a Chinatown AR Trail!
- Tanglin Halt neighbourhood
- Portsdown Road black & white houses
- Colonial terraces along Jalan Hang Jebat
- Alexandra Hospital
- Tour starts at Commonwealth MRT Station
- 3-hour tour, 4-hour tour (with picnic)
- English speaking guide
- Min 2 to go
Chinatown AR Trail Highlights
- See a different side of bustling Chinatown and explore its hidden gems
- Discover the best foods to eat in Chinatown
- At the Letter Writer Mural, turn up the sound, tap AR Scan, point camera at the mural amd see it come alive!
Location: Queenstown & Beyond
Though suitable for family please come prepared for all type of terrain.
Join in Date:
Book with SingapoRediscovers Vouchers
Tour Schedule: This tour is available Daily
Depart Time: 3.00pm
Total: 3 hours (without picnic), 4 hours (with picnic)
15:00 Meeting at Commonwealth MRT – Tanglin Halt Old world charm neighbourhood appreciation, History and transformation, Portsdown Black & White Buildings
16:30 Nature appreciation, History, Historical Mosque, Colonial Terraces @ Rail Corridor – Jalan Hang Jebat, Forest Hike (optional) , Alexandra Hospital
17:30 Black & White Buildings – Colonial Buildings, Countryside feeling (Option for picnic – Styling Picnic Bento on weekend & PH/ leisure picnic on weekday)
18:00 Drop-off Hort Park (No Picnic)
19:00 Drop-off Hort Park (With Picnic)
7SG Walk The Colonial @ Queenstown
Tour Code: SG-WQB2
Min/ Max size: 2/8
Depart Daily: 3.00pm
Distance walk: About 6-8 km
Duration: 3 hours (without picnic), 4 hours (with picnic)
Cost per person in SGD
No Picnic: 50
With Picnic: 78
- 1 English-speaking tour guide or tour leader (for local residents)
- Mask per person
- 3-hours walking tour
- Picnic Option
- Chinatown AR Trail
Not Inclusive Of
- Other personal expenses
- Tipping to guide
What to Bring
Caps or hats
1.5L of water
A good pair of walking shoes
Umbrella/ Poncho/ Raincoat
Recommended Attire: Dri-fit tee & long trekking pants
Change of attire if you like to change into dry clothing during meal time
A light shoe/ sandals if you like to change after walk
Personal simple first aid kit like plasters, personal medications.
Meet Up Information
Meet Up Location: Commonwealth MRT Station Exit A
Be at the meet up location 10 minutes before the scheduled activity time
Please arrive on time
No refunds will be issued for late arrivals and/or no-shows once the activity starts
Guide will be holding X-Trekkers placard
* A voucher will be given for The Chinatown AR Trail to explore at own time.
By joining this event, you are agreeing on the below
- You join this event at your own risk and you are solely responsible for your own health and safety. X-Trekkers will not be held liable for any injury or death arising from participating in this event or for any loss of or damage to your property occurring in the course of this event.
- Excluding our tour guide/ X-Trekkers staff, the minimum participant per group is 2 pax and the maximum participant per group is 8 pax. If the minimum group size is not meet, X-Trekkers has the right to reschedule the event to an alternative date, as best as possible.
- Photos or videos may be taken by X-Trekkers or other participants that may contain or feature you. You give your permission for materials (e.g. photographs) resulted from this event to be used by X-Trekkers in their promotion, underwriting, public relations materials (e.g. website, brochure, social media, newspaper, etc) to develop their programmes and services. The resulting materials will be the property of the company.
- Strictly non-refunable and no cancellation
- X-Trekkers has the right to use our tour leader if all the participants are local residents.
- If the event is cancelled due to circumstances beyond X-Trekkers’s control (such as thunder storm), including, but not limited to, force majeure events, X-Trekkers will strive to arrange for an alternative date for your consideration, as best as possible.
Guide Ck is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. It was an enjoyable trip and hope to join X Trekkers for future tours. Great value, don’t miss it.
It was an unknown place that I would never know and would not be able to go to if it had not been for this trip. It seems that there were many hidden places like an old and historic village. It was a good trip except that it was difficult to walk because the weather was hot~~!! Make sure to bring cool water!!
CK is a very knowledgeable guide and the walk was pretty seamless.
Exploring the “hidden parts” of the forest. It was refreshing to see this side of Singapore.
We went on a guided walk with @xtrekkers for our S.A.D. last weekend and explored the Queenstown area. Undeniably, the highlight was walking through the forest and finding this ‘lost ark’ in the middle of nowhere! Apparently someone had converted this huge fallen trunk over a water body into a chill deck, complete with steps, chairs and even an BBQ pit. Ingenious! 😆
We also learned more about Tanglin Halt, Singapore’s first satellite town, trekked briefly along the Green Corridor, soaked in the tranquility at Wessex Estate and gawked at the huge colonial bungalows. Lovely afternoon spent and you can sign up for the walk too with your SingapoReDiscovers vouchers! Just head to globaltix.com to book because they are the only booking partner that are homegrown so #supportlocal ok? 😀
Our guide , Ching Khee was patient and answered our questions along the journey. And coz of the rain, he was accommodating to have to extend the journey more than an hour, which we appreciate.
Best Moments? Guess there’s really more than just one — The unexpected sights of old and new brought back some familiar memories for us as we grew up in the neighbourhood. Loved the black & white houses.
Perhaps this is more of a hike than just a casual walk , as there are slopes & mud paths in the less trodden areas.
Maybe guide can share abit more of the history of the black & white houses, & if a visit to the inside of one of them would be great.
Also, if he has pictures on hand on what the rail corridor or some landmark looked like before too, would be adding more substance.