The Southern Ridges
Enjoy panoramic views of the city, harbor and southern islands
Looking for greater personalisation and less crowded, off-the-beaten-track for your next socially distanced getaway? Our local walking tours will be limiting participants to 5 max and staying longer in the area to learn more about the places. The Southern Ridge Walk from Hort Park will be around 8-12 km comprising green, open spaces that connect HortPark, Telok Blangah Hill Park and Mount Faber Park. This walk is an alternative for walking enthusiasts, history buffs, shutterbugs, nature lovers, bird watchers and families looking for a different kind of family outing. Steeped in history and one of the best spots in Singapore to enjoy panoramic views of the city, harbour and the Southern Islands, the Southern Ridges is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna.
You can combine this trail with
Location: HortPark to Mount Faber Park
Though suitable for family please come prepared for all type of terrain.
Book with SingapoRediscovers Vouchers
Tour Schedule: This tour is available Daily
Depart Time: 8.30am, 4.00pm
Total: 2 hours
08:30/16:00 Meeting at Hort Park – Alexandra Arch – Forest Walk
09:30/17:00 Telok Blangah Nature Park – Henderson Waves – Mt Faber
10:30/17:00 Drop-off Harbourfront MRT
Tour Code: SG-WSR
Min/ Max size: 2/ 8
Depart Daily 08:30 am – 10:30 am / 04:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Distance walk: About 8-12 km
Cost per person in SGD: $30/-
- 1 English-speaking tour guide or tour leader (for local residents)
- Mask per person
- 2-hours walking tour
Not Inclusive Of
- Other personal expenses
- Tipping for guide
What to Bring
Caps or hats
1.5L of water
A good pair of walking shoes
Umbrella/ Poncho/ Raincoat
Personal ear-piece for audio
Change of attire if you like to change into dry clothing during meal time
A light shoe/ sandals if you like to change during meal time
Personal simple first aid kit like plasters, personal medications.
Meet Up Information
Meet Up Location: Hort Park Office
Be at the meet up location 10 minutes before the scheduled activity time
Please arrive on time
No refunds will be issued for late arrivals and/or no-shows once the activity starts
Guide will be holding X-Trekkers placard
By joining this event, you are agreeing on the below
- You join this event at your own risk and you are solely responsible for your own health and safety. X-Trekkers will not be held liable for any injury or death arising from participating in this event or for any loss of or damage to your property occurring in the course of this event.
- Excluding our tour guide/ X-Trekkers staff, the minimum participant per group is 2 pax and the maximum participant per group is 8 pax. If the minimum group size is not meet, X-Trekkers has the right to reschedule the event to an alternative date, as best as possible.
- Photos or videos may be taken by X-Trekkers or other participants that may contain or feature you. You give your permission for materials (e.g. photographs) resulted from this event to be used by X-Trekkers in their promotion, underwriting, public relations materials (e.g. website, brochure, social media, newspaper, etc) to develop their programmes and services. The resulting materials will be the property of the company.
- Strictly non-refunable and no cancellation
- X-Trekkers has the right to use our tour leader if all the participants are local residents.
- If the event is cancelled due to circumstances beyond X-Trekkers’s control (such as thunder storm), including, but not limited to, force majeure events, X-Trekkers will strive to arrange for an alternative date for your consideration, as best as possible.