6 Days THE HIDDEN MEADOWS OF KASHMIR
THE HIDDEN MEADOWS OF KASHMIR
Max Altitude: 3500m
Tour Code: IND-KTHMK-06
Date: 12 Jun – 17 Jun 2023
Tosa Maidan is a picturesque meadow located in the Budgam district of Jammu and Kashmir, India, surrounded by the Pir Panjal range of mountains. The area is situated at an altitude of around 3,000 meters and covers a vast area of around 100 square kilometers. The area is also home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including rare species such as the Himalayan black bear, musk deer. Tosa Maidan has a rich history and was once used as a firing range by the Indian Army. However, due to the efforts of local activists and environmentalists, the area has been declared a ‘no-firing zone’ and has been opened up for tourism. On the Tosamaidan – Doodhpathri trek, we spend multiple days hiking and camping on this expansive lush-green meadows of the region.
Day 01 Arrive Srinagar Airport by afternoon and transfer to town. (1650m) Overnight hotel
Day 02 Drive Srinagar to Tosamaidan 2hrs and trek to campsite 45 mins. Overnight Camp
Day 03 Trek Kadalbal – Khalkath (3 to 4 Hours) . Overnight Camp
Day 04 Trek Khalkath to Lower Chanze (3 to 4 Hours) . Overnight Camp
Day 05 Lower Chanze to Doodhpathri (4 to 4.5Hours) and drive to Srinagar. Overnight Hotel
Day 06 Transfer to airport for flight home
LAND Price per person in SGD: $ 1350
Tour Code: IND-KTHMOK-06
Price is subjected to changes without prior notice
A deposit of S$ 800 per person is required upon confirmation and the balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to the departure date. Non-payment by required date may result in the cancellation of your booking and subjected to cancellation charges.
LAND Price includes
- Airport arrival and departure transfers
- Twin-sharing accommodation for 2 nights in Srinagar in a 3 star hotel
- Twin-sharing accommodation in tents with foam sleeping mats for 3 nights on the trek
- Full board camping arrangements on the trek with a kitchen tent, mess tent, tables, stools, and toilet tents
- All meals starting from dinner on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 6 (except any meals during the drives, if any)
- Mules for porterage of personal and group luggage
- All trekking arrangements with an experienced guide, and support staff
- All permits
- Includes local Service tax & Clean India Cess
- Briefing prior departure
- 15% discount for gears at X-Boundaries
- All airfare & taxes
- Personal gears such as sleeping bag (available at a rental of SGD 60 per bag for the whole trek)
- Expenses of a personal nature like laundry, phone calls, alcohol, beverages, cigarettes, camera fee
- Travel Insurance
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Visa and Visa application fees
If it becomes necessary to cancel your trip, you must notify the office immediately in writing. The below terms would be applicable.
To factor in the extra-ordinary circumstances that we live in right now, we have amended our cancellation policy to allow customers to easily make changes to their plans if required and have the assurance that their money is protected.
Please note that the following charges will apply on cancellation:
• Cancel more than 45 days prior to departure, we will refund the entire amount received by us less service fees of SGD 80.
• Cancel between 31-44 days prior to departure, 25% of the trip cost as cancellation fees applied.
• Cancel 21-30 days prior to departure, we will charge a 50% cancellation fee and hold the remaining 50% as credit towards a future trip in India taken within 1 year from the date of cancellation.
• Less than 21 days – the entire amount would be forfeited.
• If the cancellation is due to you having COVID-19/ “flu-like symptoms”, supported by a medical certificate OR due to any travel restrictions imposed by the national or local government we will hold the entire amount paid by you as a credit for a future trip in India. Sometimes last-minute cancellations could attract cancellation fees for third-party arrangements like air, train, or bus tickets; hotels; permit fees, processing fee, etc. Such cancellation charges if any would be borne by the customers.
The tour price is quoted as a package. No partial refunds or credit will be given for services not used. We recommend that you obtain cancellation travel insurance upon booking. If you can replace your spot by getting someone else to take that seat cancellation charges would be waived completely.
Please note that these cancellation terms may be amended from time to time.
Date: 4-11 Jun 2023
The Tarsar Lake Trek is a shorter version of popular Tarsar Marsar twin-lakes trek. The trek takes you through some of the most beautiful alpine lakes, high altitude meadows, and breathtaking landscapes that the Himalayas has to offer. The trail which starts from Aru in the Pahalgam valley to the east of Srinagar, passes through pristine mountain terrain of the Kashmir Himalaya, offering stunning views of snow-capped mountains, deep valleys, and lush green forests. The main highlight is the sight of Tarsar lake from various up-close, a glittering high altitude lake which changes its shade from anything from turquoise blue to emerald green.
Date: 3-10 Jun 23
The Tarsar Marsar Trek is a popular trekking route in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. The trek takes you through some of the most beautiful alpine lakes, high altitude meadows, and breathtaking landscapes that the Himalayas has to offer. The trail which starts from Aru in the Pahalgam valley to the east of Srinagar, passes through pristine mountain terrain of the Kashmir Himalaya, offering stunning views of snow-capped mountains, deep valleys, and lush green forests. We pass through three magnificent lakes on this trek – Tarsar, Sundersar and Marsar – each of them glittering in various shades of blue and green, which is a treat to the eyes; and hiking beside them a soothing experience for the soul.