Unlimited rides on JR express trains and buses from Nagoya or Osaka!
Please click for more information.
JR Central Japan 5 Days Tourist Pass – From Purchase to Travel
- This pass is not available for purchase in Japan.
- Buy your Exchange Order (MCO) for the TOURIST PASS with us before you go to Japan.
- Be sure that you understand the eligibility requirements before purchasing the Exchange Order.
- In the event that you are unable to receive a PASS because you fail to meet the eligibility requirements, the JR CENTRAL OR WEST RAILWAY COMPANY is not liable for any charges or fees associated with your use of JR CENTRAL OR WEST lines while in Japan.
- Please exchange your MCO for the pass after arriving in Japan. You will not be able to board JR lines with your MCO. The MCO can be exchanged for a pass at designated JR stations or at some branch offices of JR Tokai Tours, Inc. See exchange offices.
- You will receive your PASS after confirmation of eligibility.
- If you exchange your MCO outside the area in which your pass can be used, you will have to pay the fare for the trip to the area in which your pass will be valid separately. (Your pass will be valid only within the stipulated area.)
- With regard to the exchange, note that: (1) the MCO must be exchanged by the person whose name is on it; (2) you must bring the MCO and your passport; (3) you must fill in the exchange application form established by the exchange office; and (4) you can specify a date of your choice within one month of the pass’s date of issuance (including the date of issuance) to begin use.
- After turning in your Exchange Order for a JAPAN RAIL PASS, you can make seat reservations at a “Midori-no-madoguchi” Reservation Office or Travel Service Center (View Plaza), located in most major JR East stations,.
- Seating is limited, so please make your reservation early.
- If no reserved seats are available, please use the unreserved seating. JR East does not make refunds for the difference between the price of a reserved and an unreserved seat in such situation.
【How to read reserved seat tickets】
JR East 5 Days Flexi Pass Prices
|JR EAST PASS||Pass Type||Ordinary Car|
|Flexible five-day pass (any five days within 14 days of issuance, including the day of issuance)||Adults
(12 and older)
(6 to 11)
|22,000 yen||11,000 yen|
- The above are yen (¥) prices for a JR EAST 5 DAYS FLEXI PASS Exchange Order ; the actual cost in local currency is calculated based on the Banker’s Selling Rate (BSR), etc.at the time the Exchange Order is issued. Note that the purchase exchange rate may differ from the exchange rate in effect when you actually visit Japan.
- The local currency price, applicable exchange rate, and issue date for an Exchange Order are specified on the Exchange Order itself.
- Children who are age 6 through 11 as of the date on which the exchange order is issued are eligible for child PASS prices.
- Prices are subject to change. The applicable price is the price valid on the date when an Exchange Order is issued.
- The age limitations for Children is determined by the day of purchase. We may ask for the child’s passport or other proof of age. Children under age 6 do not require a rail pass unless you wish to make seat reservation for them.
- No youth rate (over age 11) or Green Car options are available with this offer.
- While traveling in Japan, each visitor may have one JR EAST PASS at a time. (A new pass may not be purchased if another one is still in use.)
- You can use the pass on any five days within a 14-day period starting with the date of purchase or exchange in Japan.
- You do not have to determine your 5 travel dates at the time of purchase or exchange. For example, if you purchase your pass or get it by exchange on August 1, you can show the pass at a station on any five days between August 1 and August 14 and it will be stamped as valid for use on that day.
JR EAST Valid Train Route
Unlimited travel on local, limited express and express trains including Shinkansen trains on the following rail company lines:
- JR East Lines (including BRT*)
- Izu Kyuko Line
- Hokuetsu Kyuko Railway Hokuhoku Line
- Aoimori Railway
- IGR Iwate Galaxy Railway
- Tokyo Monorail
- Sendai Airport Transit
- Tokyo Waterfront Area Rapid Transit Rinkai Line
- The following limited express trains that directly run between the JR East lines and Tobu Railway lines: the Nikko, the SPACIA Nikko, the Kinugawa, and the SPACIA Kinugawa. Also, the local trains (including rapid trains) between Shimo-imaichi and Tobu-nikko/Kinugawa-onsen Stations.
- Echigo Tokimeki Railway: Naoetsu – Arai
- * Bus rapid transit.
- The JR EAST PASS is not valid for the Hokuriku Shinkansen (between Joetsumyoko and Kanazawa) and the Tokaido Shinkansen (between Tokyo and Nagoya, Kyoto and Osaka) as they are operated by different rail companies.
- The JR EAST PASS is not valid for JR buses.
JR EAST PASS Free Area
JR EAST PASS Train accommodations
The JR EAST PASS is valid on ordinary cars.
To ride on Green Cars, GranClass, individual compartments, Liners or sleeper cars, an additional purchase is required, such as a limited express or sleeper ticket. See the station staff for further details.
Buy JR East 5 Days Flexi Pass Today
Buy today and check on the latest price.